Fun day at the shop! New rotor pics too...

n0xlf

Established Member
Today I got together with Ben and Sambandit and we got quite a bit done...New rotors for Sambandit and I, a new tune for Ben, and Sambandit ripped his blower off again for a re-port...

We all left happy in the end, but the best part was just getting together and talking about cars while doing a little wrenching...

S1.jpg

S2.jpg

S3.jpg

R1.jpg

R2.jpg

R3.jpg

R4.jpg

R5.jpg

dougwg

Established Member
atleast you could have cleaned the garage before taking pic's ;-)

mwaull

SVT VENM
Established Member
Where did you get those rotors? Those look nice . . . what kind are they?

Info would be great . . .

SVT4ME

Established Member
Very nice work happening there. Looks like the beginning of a club!

hogger

SVT-a-holic
Established Member
Wow, nice shop! That's a heck of alot of horsepower in one garage!!

Hey Scott, what's with the shorts? ...it's winter! :thumbsup:
(yeh, I'm jealous...my car's been parked for 2 months now!)

Hogger

o3SnakeBite

Die Hard Sports Junkie
Established Member
Thats a sweet garage with a lift and all... What kind of paint did you guys use to paint the calipers? Did you paint over the COBRA lettering then sandpaper it off?

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Those are Brembo rotors from Sportbrakes. I just got the same one's and put them on along w/rusell brake lines and hawk pads. This thing stops like a mother now.

You can check sportbrakes store on Ebay, they are about $260 for all shipped. Good deal and great upgrade.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
It was alot of fun and got a little work done today! Rotors look alot better now that the zinc plating is wearing off wear the pad hits the rotor... nice and shiney! My car will be down for a little while, but not too long...lol. The rotors are the same size as stock, I'll try to find the link. I used spray paint awhile ago to paint the calipers on mine but I am gonna re-do it again with the setup from tirerack.

BTW Hogger, I wear short all year long!! lol. Steamboat is June 18th this year, hope you can make it down!

vipergts281

Established Member
Hmmm, Brembo does not sell Slotted and Cross Drilled rotors together, plus Brembo's are gold in color. I guess Sportbrakes either drilled holes on slotted rotors or put some slots on drilled rotors and then put a zinc coating over them.

Either way, all three cars look bad-ass. :beer:

Nice garage to.

Nightmare

cars look great! how did you paint the brak calipers without painting over the COBRA letters? what did you use to cover them?

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Hmmm, Brembo does not sell Slotted and Cross Drilled rotors together, plus Brembo's are gold in color. I guess Sportbrakes either drilled holes on slotted rotors or put some slots on drilled rotors and then put a zinc coating over them.

Either way, all three cars look bad-ass. :beer:

Nice garage to.
You are correct

n0xlf

Established Member
I can't take credit for the garage - It's my dad's, who is retired and gets to play car all day long...I'm definately jealous...Luckily, he wasn't involved in any projects that took up a lot of space at the moment, so he let us come down and do our thing...If you look really closely in one of the pics, you can see the body of his '69 428CJ on the rotisserie by the trailer...It's about to get sent off for media blasting...

And yes, the rotors are drilled, slotted, and zinc washed by the sportbrakes guy...Not an original Brembo product...

As far as Scott and his shorts, I don't get it either :)

Last edited:

vipergts281

Established Member
n0xlf said:
I can't take credit for the garage - It's my dad's, who is retired and gets to play car all day long...
It is really nice.

n0xlf said:
And yes, the rotors are drilled, slotted, and zinc washed by the sportbrakes guy...Not an original Brembo product...
Do you know if he sells Brembo rotors that are not both slotted and cross drilled by still zinc plated? I was going to buy cross drilled Brembo's before but didn't because of the gold color. And I didn't feel like painting the parts that wouldn't get worn off.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread