Full tilt boogie racing

Davis83

Established Member
Hey guys, does anyone have any experience with fulltiltboogieracing.com and their IRS bushing kit??

snakeraper11b

Established Member
I did it, you should too. Do the full kit, don't skimp, you wont be disappointed with the product or the customer service.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
I've got a few friends who have done it on their 03's. I've heard nothing but positive. I would like to do it here in the near future when I have the time and $$

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
You will not find a better kit or better service anywhere.

I'd almost bet Bruce knows the Cobra IRS better than the Ford engineer who designed the thing.

BlackVenom99

Established Member
You will not find a better kit or better service anywhere.

I'd almost bet Bruce knows the Cobra IRS better than the Ford engineer who designed the thing.

Definitely correct, he couldn't improve it as much as he does without knowing...and he's just a good guy to deal with.

I have his bushings and wouldn't want it any other way.

Davis83

Established Member
Yes I want the full kit. removing the IRS is a bish so I rather do everything now then replace what needs to be replace then have to drop the shiiit all over again the second time.. I did the MM route on my 03 and it costed me $$$$. The fulltiltboogieracing kit seems to be very good quality for less the price.

JR99IRS

Established Member
If you have the some time and space to do the FTBR bushing kit, it's FUN to do, not work. Today, I just knocked out an IRS unit that will go into my car once the lift opens up (hopefully next weekend.)

Davis83

Established Member
Ha! I'm gonna need some help with that, my lil female muscles cant handle that, the IRS weighs about 600-800lbs If I remember correctly. But yea, I'm interested in the kit for sure.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ha! I'm gonna need some help with that, my lil female muscles cant handle that, the IRS weighs about 600-800lbs If I remember correctly. But yea, I'm interested in the kit for sure.

The IRS weighs EXACTLY 289# complete, minus calipers and springs. :read::idea:

Davis83

Established Member
Ah, I was told it was around 600, but still, having a lift would be nice in order to do that kinda job. I've already unbolted a 4r70w from my other car while working on the ground and I won't do that again.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
So all you guys that made the Full Tilt switch NO difference in road noise with Delrin versus poly or stock? Has to be louder?

Evan5469

Established Member
So all you guys that made the Full Tilt switch NO difference in road noise with Delrin versus poly or stock? Has to be louder?

I made the switch from stock to the entire Full Tilt kit and noticed a very slight increse in gear noise at certain mph. It's really not even that noticeable of a difference from stock to be honest and it's been over a year since its been installed and I don't even notice it anymore. Plus if I wanted a quiet Cobra, I would've never done exhaust. :lol:

But overall, and its already been said, the kit was top notch and it is lightyears better than stock ever wished it could be. I would never go back and recommend it to everyone who is considering making the upgrade. :thumbsup:

BlackVenom99

Established Member
I can hear a slight bit more gear whine. I think lol...I've tried telling other people in the car about it and not one other person can hear it. So it's not loud if even there.

(It's all in my head lol)

It's a convertible, and I can hear when it wants to be greased too...now I've really gone crazy.

Davis83

Established Member
I so far on this car I've installed solid diff mounts and the diff brace. Had some leakage so I had to fix it ASAP, realized my subframe bushing were worn so it's best to replace all.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Do it! And don't worry about noise levels. Most cat backs are louder than the sounds/road noise you'll get through the car.

I have gotten so used to my suspensions sounds and transferred road noise that I don't even hear it anymore; that could just be because my fuel pump is 80db though. (Damn thing pisses me off so badly with how loud it is.)

Users who are viewing this thread