Full tilt boogie racing

Davis83

Established Member
Yea, my exhaust is way loud to hear whats around me, lol. I didn't know the bushings were bad til the diff leak was repaired, no sounds as of yet, but for my 03, bushings were close to falling out, the loud thumping sounds of the suspension were insane, hard to miss.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Haha I remember having exhaust like that...catless drgas xpipe, magnaflow bullet style mufflers...oh the joys of 93db cruising. Now I am turbo with edumps so I'm between 75-85db cruising around.

My damn magnafuel is the thing that I need to break with a hammer and do away with.

"sorry sir did you say you want a large coke?"

"HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM( somewhere in the hum I ask for a burger and a coke)"

"sorry sir, can you pull to the window, there's an odd buzzing sound coming through the intercom"

(kid opens drive through window, has puzzled look on face.) "uh sir, do you know your car is making an odd buzzing sound?"

"yes; yes I am quite aware of it. Can I get a $6 burger and a large coke please (in a 3/4 yell)"

Davis83

Established Member
Lol, I'm asked to shut off my car. But def glad my pump isnt loud..only is when I first turn the car on..I'm running twin Ford GT fuel pumps.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
;~~~( I should have done this. I thought to, planned to, but never did.

I can't stand being in a parking garage, and having everyone look at me like I'm a weirdo.

At cruise ins and such everybody knows it's a big fuel system but otherwise, I get a ton of blank stares.

Davis83

Established Member
Haha, they can stare all they want, and kiss my ass too. As i set off car alarms Lmao.

*SVT*

What next?
Established Member
I just had mine installed. I picked the car up on Saturday. A night and day difference. No more "Cobra clunk".

Between my exhaust and sound system I don't hear any road/gear noise.

Davis83

Established Member
Should be my next purchase after my tires.. I've heard a lot of good things about ftbr, and last time I went delrin for more money. Lesson learned.

DOHCTER

Shop Smart.. Shop S-Mart
Established Member
Like others have said, hands down best fitting, best everything kit. Worth every penny, and blood spent installing it.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I am thinking to freshen up my IRS with a ftbr kit. I currently have a complete maximum motorsports kit, but I've heard enough positive to see the value in swapping over.

Davis83

Established Member
My 03 has the maximum motorsports kit...cost a pretty penny, glad ftbr is awesome quality for less the price.

e010740

Established Member
Just finished installing the FTBR kit 99% by myself over the last couple of weekends. Wife had to help hold up the springs when inching up the subframe. Only thing left to do is install the new brake calipers, and rotors. (ran out of time wanted to watch some of the superbowl) Everything went according to plan if you take your time, and read the instructions, and watch the very informative videos on the FTBR website. These guys really know what they are doing. They supply the bushing removal tools as well. That makes the job much much easier. I highly recomend this kit. Now just have to find an hour this weekend to get it on the road. I do recomend having a helper though.

Davis83

Established Member
Gahh, I hate instructions, lol. Yea I'll invite some of my buddies, we will get it done pretty quick.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
After the FTBR install should get an alignment. Great lit and great install vids at the website

Last edited:

03cobra5485

Established Member
I just had mine installed. I picked the car up on Saturday. A night and day difference. No more "Cobra clunk".

Between my exhaust and sound system I don't hear any road/gear noise.

How much did it cost when it was all said and done, if you dont' mind my asking...

Users who are viewing this thread