Full bolt on power

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Please explain a bit more, id like to know whats in that brain of yours that makes you speak like that without any explanation. Thanks

He likes to go against the grain in every thread he posts in, but he's right in this case….He is saying that your car making 430-440 NA with the mods you are doing is not going to happen. I didn't realize you have an auto…must have missed that, anyway, yeah…..autos will dyno lower than M6 cars. The auto trans eats up a good bit of energy.

I don't know why he couldn't just get his point across in english instead of being a smart ass; talking about how he likes ass cracks and toilets and shit like that lol…. :bored:

Last edited:

2rbo97svt

Established Member
He likes to go against the grain in every thread he posts in, but he's right in this case….He is saying that your car making 430-440 NA with the mods you are doing is not going to happen. I didn't realize you have an auto…must have missed that, anyway, yeah…..autos will dyno lower than M6 cars. The auto trans eats up a good bit of energy.

I don't know why he couldn't just get his point across in english instead of being a smart ass :bored:

I know what he is saying but do you the auto eating 39 -40 hp ? Thats quite a bit of loss dont you think, im not an expert and I know must peiple here know a lot more then me but still a lot of loss. Either way ill be happy, the auto makes up for what the manual trans dont, do t you think ?

2rbo97svt

Established Member

I don't know why he couldn't just get his point across in english instead of being a smart ass; talking about how he likes ass cracks and toilets and shit like that lol…. :bored:

Asses like these are everywhere lol

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I know what he is saying but do you the auto eating 39 -40 hp ? Thats quite a bit of loss dont you think, im not an expert and I know must peiple here know a lot more then me but still a lot of loss. Either way ill be happy, the auto makes up for what the manual trans dont, do t you think ?

Unfortunately it does chew up a good bit…I would think at least 20. I do agree that the auto is much less of a hassle. The MT-82 has been a nightmare for some, but good for others. I have been lucky so far, but I only have about 5500 miles on my car, so time will tell. I'm trying to get ahead of the game by doing ALL of the trans mods (Barton 2-Post Bracket, Shifter, Whiteline mount bushing, JHR Clutch line, Amsoil Synchromesh and Dot 4 fluid, independent fluid reservoir, remove clutch asset spring, etc.)…..Its stupid that guys with the M6 have to take these steps to ensure problem free clutch operation, but it is what it is I guess.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Unfortunately it does chew up a good bit…I would think at least 20. I do agree that the auto is much less of a hassle. The MT-82 has been a nightmare for some, but good for others. I have been lucky so far, but I only have about 5500 miles on my car, so time will tell. I'm trying to get ahead of the game by doing ALL of the trans mods (Barton 2-Post Bracket, Shifter, Whiteline mount bushing, JHR Clutch line, Amsoil Synchromesh and Dot 4 fluid, independent fluid reservoir, remove clutch asset spring, etc.)…..Its stupid that guys with the M6 have to take these steps to ensure problem free clutch operation, but it is what it is I guess.

Its a shame they didnt make the manuals better, these cars are bad ass and theyre going to put a crappy manual trans that start giving problem after a few beatings. Good luck with your trans mods seem like a lot and quite expensive. I guess at the end im happy tge wife wanted an auto lol. Also what upgrades can be done to the autos ?

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Its a shame they didnt make the manuals better, these cars are bad ass and theyre going to put a crappy manual trans that start giving problem after a few beatings. Good luck with your trans mods seem like a lot and quite expensive. I guess at the end im happy tge wife wanted an auto lol. Also what upgrades can be done to the autos ?

Whats baffling to me is why Ford is putting them in the '15 :nonono:

Anyway, as far as cost does for the mods I've done to the MT-82, its not really that bad in the scheme of things. With everything I listed above, I don't think I have spent more than $400…Still, I would have much rather used that $400 elsewhere.

As far as A6 mods, I really don't hear of guys going much other than converters and modified shift points and firmness (AED has this down to a science), but I'm not the guy to ask about autos…sorry.

Gray5.0

Established Member
With a good tune I've seen guys reach near 650 on stock bottom ends but that's pretty much the very limit you'll want to take it too from what I've heard. People say really nothing more than 630 to the wheels so slap on that bottle and bolt ons and get some vids. But don't forget a good reputable tuner.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Whats baffling to me is why Ford is putting them in the '15 :nonono:

Anyway, as far as cost does for the mods I've done to the MT-82, its not really that bad in the scheme of things. With everything I listed above, I don't think I have spent more than $400…Still, I would have much rather used that $400 elsewhere.

As far as A6 mods, I really don't hear of guys going much other than converters and modified shift points and firmness (AED has this down to a science), but I'm not the guy to ask about autos…sorry.

Thats a shame theyre doing that, they could at least do some upgrades to it. Im going to look more into rhe autos, hopefully someone else will chip in. I do t even know how a converter works but ill google that.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
With a good tune I've seen guys reach near 650 on stock bottom ends but that's pretty much the very limit you'll want to take it too from what I've heard. People say really nothing more than 630 to the wheels so slap on that bottle and bolt ons and get some vids. But don't forget a good reputable tuner.

As soon as I can I will, ill be going with the nitrous in about a month or 2. I need to let my wife cool down from the spending lol. I cant wait to I stall all these part I cant wait to feel what it feels like to have a hopefully 550 hp car. My 97 turbo co ra made 447rhp and 450tq and it pulled like a 500 hp car , idk how many people I beat that had 500. We will see , im stoked.

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
Thats a shame theyre doing that, they could at least do some upgrades to it. Im going to look more into rhe autos, hopefully someone else will chip in. I do t even know how a converter works but ill google that.

If you plan on tracking the car on a regular basis, I would do one, but if its just a street car, I'd skip it. The autos have proven to be BEAST…with the right tuning, I think you will be more than happy.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
If you plan on tracking the car on a regular basis, I would do one, but if its just a street car, I'd skip it. The autos have proven to be BEAST…with the right tuning, I think you will be more than happy.

I wont be tracking the car much, but once the fund become avilable we will see.

mpette

Established Member
I wonder how much of the hp difference on the dyno between the stick and auto is how they are tested? For example, the auto is tested in 3rd (maybe 4th on the 13, 14), neither of which are 1:1. The mt82 can be tested in 5th which it 1:1...

VETTEHUNTER

Established Member
I wonder how much of the hp difference on the dyno between the stick and auto is how they are tested? For example, the auto is tested in 3rd (maybe 4th on the 13, 14), neither of which are 1:1. The mt82 can be tested in 5th which it 1:1...

Good point.

2rbo97svt

Established Member

Dont know much about that but the power would be just about the same then ? It all depends hou theyre tested ? What gear should the auto be tested on?

mpette

Established Member
It should be tested in the gear that is closest to 1:1, for the a6, that would be 4th which is 1.14:1 (assuming you can lock it in 4th). I would expect the auto to be a little less than the stick even if you could test it in an equivalent ratio, maybe 4-5 hp (or about 1%).

2rbo97svt

Established Member
It should be tested in the gear that is closest to 1:1, for the a6, that would be 4th which is 1.14:1 (assuming you can lock it in 4th). I would expect the auto to be a little less than the stick even if you could test it in an equivalent ratio, maybe 4-5 hp (or about 1%).

Cool to know thanks.

coyoteugly5.0

Established Member
Yeah from everything I've read the new autos arent like the old ones, theres basically no difference in power loss and what difference is there is more than made up for by shifts...

Is there any true tuner comaprisons out there (i.e. same car on a dyno loading different tunes)? One thread I read on this forum is leading me to get a BBR Nitrous tune, another thread is AED, and so fowarth. I'm getting ready to get another tune, but is one really better than the other once you data log?

I was thinking of just going safe with a 100 shot tune thru bama because you can data log and have adjusted with them as well, so I'm curious to how much power one tuner can get over the other if any when it comes down to the refined data logged tunes.. The reason I say bama is because I can get as many tunes as I want, and get a new tune everytime I add a mod all for just $150 entry fee into the free tunes for life.

Users who are viewing this thread