Full bolt on power

2rbo97svt

Established Member
Well im sure people have ask this questions many times before.
Im installing full exhaust long tube headers all the way back, also Boss manifold and the cold air intake, and a wet 150 shot as well. My question is what do you fellas guess the power level should be or will be at?

01GTB

Established Member
Nothing to add. I just find it fun to read these threads talking about 400+ naturally aspirated rwhp from a few bolt ons. Who would have ever thought it 25 years ago? I mean, you could take a stock engine, tune it, open longtubes, put it on an engine dyno and it would probably knock down 480-490hp. Cobra Jet intake, cams, ported heads and e85, it would probably be nearly 600 crank hp.

Baysixx

Established Member
I made 445/402 with my listed mods. Getting dyno'd with spray on Friday. But a 100 shot not 150. Ill let you kno what numbers I make.
Edit: peak hp was at 6500 rpms

Last edited:

draxxus131

Established Member
Wait so you have an AED tune with Boss IM, and peak power is at 6500 RPM's. That peak power RPM doesn't seem right, it should be higher unless you have it set for that, and your wording it wrong, please correct me if I'm wrong.

2rbo97svt

Established Member
I made 445/402 with my listed mods. Getting dyno'd with spray on Friday. But a 100 shot not 150. Ill let you kno what numbers I make.
Edit: peak hp was at 6500 rpms

I read and your list and idk if I read wrong but you only have exhaust and an intake I believe and you made that much , nice.

calebnumber3

Established Member
Wait so you have an AED tune with Boss IM, and peak power is at 6500 RPM's. That peak power RPM doesn't seem right, it should be higher unless you have it set for that, and your wording it wrong, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking maybe he reached peak power that early and just held it till redline! I'm just assuming though as that seems a little early to be peaking with the boss.

Users who are viewing this thread