Fueling??

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Just have a stockish car for now with a catback. Would like to upgrade the fuel pumps to the DW 340s since they are plug n play and the stockers are super old. In the spring will have a tune 2.76 upper on pump gas. Is this enough or will I need injectors too? I might go to a 2.3 later down the road.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
figure out how far you'd push it with the 2.3 then buy pumps and injectors to support it - one and done.
Around 600whp in the end on pump gas. Want to know if these pumps will be good enough for the 2.76 for now and will be a good choice for a later setup?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
this may be controversial, but fore innovations told me NOT to mess with my fuel system until it needs it. i was surprised, but that's what they told me because i was looking at upgrading the fuel system to theirs while i still had my eaton (in anticipation of a tvs blower). they said they didn't recommend it until i actually do the mods to make it necessary.

currently i have 2.80 and 2.93 upper cars (450 hp) and use stock replacement pumps and the stock fuel system.

olympic

Established Member
If you're staying with a returnless fuel system then the GT Supercar pumps are the best option. They will support 700whp on 93. Most aftermarket pumps do not work well in a returnless setup.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
@olympic brings up an important point and consideration. You need to decide whether you're going to switch to a return system, or keep the factory returnless.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
So would the walbro supercars pump be a better choice then the DW 340s for pump gas? There is like one gas station with e85 within 100 miles so won't ever be going that route.

Dave.O

Established Member
My stock pumps and injectors supported up to 485 with pulleys, full exhaust and a tune.
Supercar pumps and 60s when I swapped to a pullied ported Eatonat 520 whp.
My tuner says this combo will also support 2.3 on pump gas

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Adamn

Established Member
How many miles are on your car? If your just going to do an upper on a stock Eaton your stock pumps are plenty for that unless your concerned about it being higher mileage. I ran 2.75 upper on a ported Eaton at 465rwhp on stock pumps and injectors. I added a boost a pump and 60lb injectors and supported 575rwhp on a dry nitrous system. My car only has 23000 miles on it though. Your best bet is to talk to your tuner about what you want to do and see what they recommend. You can always take their input and report back here with it

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
It's the age of the pumps that concern me it does have higher mileage 87k. I didn't want to pay 30k plus for a low mileage car when I plan to enjoy this car and drive it. Plus being basically stock was an added bonus for me to mod as I go. I really just didn't want to buy stock pumps for the same price as an upgraded unit if that will be the end route. Would rather buy new pumps rather then a bap.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I think you are correct to question high mileage, original pumps. These cars are very old now.

I have the original, non ethanol rated supercar GT pumps in a Fore hat and they've run for a dozen years. 18psi on 93 octane 560 wheel and 22psi on E85 714 wheel. They have performed flawlessly over the years.

The new improved GT pumps available today are on paper even more capable than mine. 600 wheel pump gas will be no problem whatsoever with appropriate ancillary mods like wiring, and fuel line size

Users who are viewing this thread