Fuel System

TRBO VNM

I don't see how dead heading would help. You want the fuel to flow through and circulate. Just think of the stock terminator cooling system setup. coolant basically dead heads at the back of passenger head. what happens? Those cylinders have proven to run hotter and are usually the cylinders that have issues.

cj428mach

Established Member
I don't see how dead heading would help. You want the fuel to flow through and circulate. Just think of the stock terminator cooling system setup. coolant basically dead heads at the back of passenger head. what happens? Those cylinders have proven to run hotter and are usually the cylinders that have issues.

The reason he believes dead heading helps is that the fuel goes to the rails and gets used, rather than snaking through the rails getting heated then returned back to the tank to start the process all over again. I'm aware that some fuel going to go through the same process in a dead head setup, but if your regulator placement is away from the heat you could help prevent some of the fuel heat up.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The reason he believes dead heading helps is that the fuel goes to the rails and gets used, rather than snaking through the rails getting heated then returned back to the tank to start the process all over again. I'm aware that some fuel going to go through the same process in a dead head setup, but if your regulator placement is away from the heat you could help prevent some of the fuel heat up.

Sounds like a returnless setup then. Return style has been used for many many years. :??:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member

Yes I've seen his thread. Seems like a big improvement. But he I believe daily drives his cobra for parts of the year and in a location where it gets very hot. For some people like myself I don't feel this fuel heating up is too much of a big deal. Normally if it's too hot outside where I have to turn the a/c on I won't even drive the car. At max I drive mine a hour at a time and only put on 700 miles so far this year. I'm sure there's plenty others too that just don't drive them as much.

SOVACobra03

I have an addiction......
Established Member
Sounds like a returnless setup then. Return style has been used for many many years. :??:

That's still a return style. It's what I run and it works great. Personally I'm a fan of 2 465s on a hobbs. I'll never have to worry about running out of fuel and I can run any type of fuel I want. 91 tune for any type of trip so I don't have to ever worry about finding a e85 pump and a e85 tune for around town and the track. Fortune favors the prepared and this way my fuel system car are always prepared

TRBO VNM

Yes I've seen his thread. Seems like a big improvement. But he I believe daily drives his cobra for parts of the year and in a location where it gets very hot. For some people like myself I don't feel this fuel heating up is too much of a big deal. Normally if it's too hot outside where I have to turn the a/c on I won't even drive the car. At max I drive mine a hour at a time and only put on 700 miles so far this year. I'm sure there's plenty others too that just don't drive them as much.

I have done a lot of systems with the level 2, 3 and 4 setups and many of them drive a lot and for 2-3hr trips. Nobody has ever had an issue. Only time I have seen a problem has been with external pumps on long drives (personal experience with that as well, I will never run an external pump on a street car again).

And if people don't want a hobbs switch at 2psi, you can purchase adjustable or you can use the one that comes with KB BAPS that is set at 5psi.

Users who are viewing this thread