Fuel System Cleanerfor the 2.3L EcoBoost

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Anyone who has experience with Ford's EcoBoost engines knows that they have a tendency produce carbon build-up. This is a problem suffered by most DI engines. Though it may not make a huge difference on the valves I'm going to start running Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner through our car every 3,000 miles. I've used it with a lot of success in a lot of engines in the past. Anyone else using any fuel system treatments?

7080568_chv_65740_pri_larg.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No EB vehicles, but I started using this in my vehicles over Sea Foam. Smoothed out the rough idle in my F-150 (115K), and have yet to check the fuel mileage. Cleaned up the miss in my Cobra after not driving for 6 months with gas that old also.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not sure if it will help the ecoboost cars because the fuel is sprayed directly onto the piston. Instead of spraying into the intake port which cleans the back side of the valve.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Not sure if it will help the ecoboost cars because the fuel is sprayed directly onto the piston. Instead of spraying into the intake port which cleans the back side of the valve.

That's why I mentioned it possibly not helping the valve build up issue. However, it certainly can't hurt and it will help the fuel system.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
That's why I mentioned it possibly not helping the valve build up issue. However, it certainly can't hurt and it will help the fuel system.

I do agree with that. Keep us updated. Ive been keeping an eye on the info that's being provided from the ford tech that has been sharing info on the ecoboost fusion fiesta sites an his youtube videos. Good syn oil is a must for the ecoboost engines.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I do agree with that. Keep us updated. Ive been keeping an eye on the info that's being provided from the ford tech that has been sharing info on the ecoboost fusion fiesta sites an his youtube videos. Good syn oil is a must for the ecoboost engines.

I think I know the one you're talking about. Meth injection does a great job keeping the intake track clean. I'm going to experiment with oil separators too.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Been a problem with DI cars from the get go. B7 Audi S4's have to go in for valve cleaning, after like 70k miles. Those things get gunked up like crazy. Same thing with N54 and newer BMW engines.

Wonder if the manufacturers will ever design in a remedy for this?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Been a problem with DI cars from the get go. B7 Audi S4's have to go in for valve cleaning, after like 70k miles. Those things get gunked up like crazy. Same thing with N54 and newer BMW engines.

Wonder if the manufacturers will ever design in a remedy for this?

I would imagine that effective oil separators would go a long way towards alleviating the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread