Fuel Smell in Oil

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Hey Guys. I've got a fuel smell to the oil when I changed it. I was wondering if I'm possibly just running rich or maybe the plugs aren't giving me enough spark. I bought a tune for a 13 tvs but the deal fell through. What I was wondering is would it be possible to data log with my current tune (from JLT) and have you guys make any adjustments needed. I'm running a 2.5 vmp pulley and idler. I basically want to make sure it's just not running pig rich (or that this is a problem before I buy the tvs).

I was thinking about changing the plugs and then logging. Still be on the stock plugs with 27k on the clock. Are NGK TR6's the best bet and what should I gap to?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Boost is always going to blow some fuel past the rings. That's why it's a good idea to change the oil frequently. VMP is not going to be able to modify a JLT tune. Just bite the bullet and order a tune. Then you can datalog and they can make any corrections from there.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Hey Guys. I've got a fuel smell to the oil when I changed it. I was wondering if I'm possibly just running rich or maybe the plugs aren't giving me enough spark. I bought a tune for a 13 tvs but the deal fell through. What I was wondering is would it be possible to data log with my current tune (from JLT) and have you guys make any adjustments needed. I'm running a 2.5 vmp pulley and idler. I basically want to make sure it's just not running pig rich (or that this is a problem before I buy the tvs).

I was thinking about changing the plugs and then logging. Still be on the stock plugs with 27k on the clock. Are NGK TR6's the best bet and what should I gap to?

Motorcraft SP 471s or NGK TR7 IX @035

Boost is always going to blow some fuel past the rings. That's why it's a good idea to change the oil frequently. VMP is not going to be able to modify a JLT tune. Just bite the bullet and order a tune. Then you can datalog and they can make any corrections from there.

Exactly

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
Well I spent 300 on a tune for my tvs install from vmp. Not willing to spend 300 more for an email tune for intake and a 2.5 pulley

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You said you wanted them to look at tune from JLT. If you have a VMP tune, you should be able to get a retune for less if installed a larger CAI after you bought the tune. If you bought the JLT from VMP, I think they upgrade the tune for free. BJ can better answer that one. There is no way that VMP will be able to tell what is in the tune from JLT and that was my point.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
The tune I have from vmp is for a tvs which isn't on the car. I'm sure it's another 300 since I haven't bought anything new. I just basically wanted to make sure there wasnt an issue with the motor before buying a tvs but if the fuel smell isn't an issue I won't worry about it.

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
The tune for the 13 tvs is from vmp

The tune for intake and pulley is jlt.

I haven't put the 13 tvs tune on. So unless you guys can email me a tune for the intake and 2.5 pulley and let me data log that..... Ill have to wait until I put the tvs on

CodyK7

Uh Ohhh
Established Member
I don't want to waste your time. I'm sure the answer is pay $200 for a new tune. Its a total different tune then what I paid you guys for and I haven't bought anything other than the tune from you guys. I'll just have to suck it up until I can buy the TVS

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I don't want to waste your time. I'm sure the answer is pay $200 for a new tune. Its a total different tune then what I paid you guys for and I haven't bought anything other than the tune from you guys. I'll just have to suck it up until I can buy the TVS

Never wasting our time.

But you're right, the tune would be car specific.

Anyway...you know how to reach us. Feel free.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread