Fuel question for a p1sc setup on an 01' Cobra

2001cobravert

Established Member
I am currently installing my P1sc intercooled kit. :banana:

I am going to use 42# green top injectors, I also have a 20amp BAP that I plan on using. Will I have enough fuel with a stock 01 cobra pump and the BAP to net me 450 rwhp? I will be running 8-9# of boost.

I don't really want to spend the $ on a terminator tank and pumps. If I don't have enough fuel there, what are my alternative options?

Thanks for any input!:beer:

Zacharyx

Established Member
i think you will be close to the limits of the pump ( not sure how far the BAP will push you), your alternative other than the cobra pumps would be a GT pump and that should carry you to 500ish alone or higher with the BAP

tistan

Established Member
Get a gt pump. I'm running a GT pump with a bap and making 460rwhp with fuel to spare. If you go to get the car tuned and run out of fuel, you have pretty much thrown a lot of money away on a dyno and tuning time. Go ahead and get a good maf too. If you peg the maf you are going to have to go back for another tuning session. I had a lightning maf and thought I would be good, and I pegged it. I bought a diablo maf extendor and over nighted it to my tuner.

tistan

Established Member
I would assume and aviator or a focus pump with a bap would also be sufficient. A lot of other people run those pumps in supercharged mustangs.

JP_Stang

Established Member
Yeah, I think the aviator pump and BAP would get you there. Look into the MAF like tistan mentioned. You are going to need to upgrade that also.

2001cobravert

Established Member
Get a gt pump. I'm running a GT pump with a bap and making 460rwhp with fuel to spare. If you go to get the car tuned and run out of fuel, you have pretty much thrown a lot of money away on a dyno and tuning time. Go ahead and get a good maf too. If you peg the maf you are going to have to go back for another tuning session. I had a lightning maf and thought I would be good, and I pegged it. I bought a diablo maf extendor and over nighted it to my tuner.

Yeah, I think the aviator pump and BAP would get you there. Look into the MAF like tistan mentioned. You are going to need to upgrade that also.

Thanks for the info. The kit came with a pro-m maf and 42# injectors.
hopefully I can get a hold of an aviator pump soon.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
i think you will be close to the limits of the pump ( not sure how far the BAP will push you), your alternative other than the cobra pumps would be a GT pump and that should carry you to 500ish alone or higher with the BAP

A single GT pump without a BAP would have a Hard time supporting 500RW in fact I think it would be miraculous...

Stanger00

Established Member
Single pump without a BAP coming close to supporting 500 would be a miracle in eyes as well. My eyes bleed from searching I done regarding this question.

No way around it a 20 amp BAP will be required. Seems the aviator is the best option. I went the focus route but only run 400 hp. However I still needed a BAP.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
That's good to know. I want 450 rwhp Max, no more than that.

Anyone gotta aviator pump lying around? :thumbsup:

Famous last words.......

I would get 60 or 80 pound injectors as well. I maxed out 42 pounders at 468rwhp with >90% duty cycle....I essentially wasted a dyno session beacuse I will need a new tune with the bigger injectors.

Users who are viewing this thread