Fuel Pump

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I'm not going to do the PPRV delete. I'm just planning on swapping the pumps and calling it a day unless there's anything else I really should be doing while I'm in there.

Are you guys removing the filler neck bolts at the gas cap or leaving it connected and pulling the neck out of the tank as you lower it? I've read some conflicting info.

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I'm glad this thread was made, because I too need to upgrade fuel pumps, so if you don't mind, I'm going to hijack and ask a couple questions that maybe will help you with your decision too.

I'm running a stock Eaton, with a stock pulley, probably going to make power in the low 400s I'd assume from similar setups.

1. Do you think a SVT Focus pump would be a good choice? I do not want to have to do any wiring, as I am horrible at it, and WILL screw something up.

2. For a 03/04 hat and pumps, what all has to be changed for use of the stock 01 tank? They are a return system, while our 99/01 cars are not, correct?

3. A local guy has a 03 tank, with dual avators and "that delete kit pprg or something like that" for 450 bucks. What would I have to do to swap this tank into my car?

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I'm not going to do the PPRV delete. I'm just planning on swapping the pumps and calling it a day unless there's anything else I really should be doing while I'm in there.

Are you guys removing the filler neck bolts at the gas cap or leaving it connected and pulling the neck out of the tank as you lower it? I've read some conflicting info.

I swapped in an FGT pump while I had the rear-end out for a gear swap. It's a direct swap especially if you're not doing the PPRV delete. I used the instructions linked from Lethal's site for the Focus pump but it's all the same since it's a direct swap save having to crimp on the female connectors.

I didn't remove the filler neck at the cap b/c it looked a pita to put back together. This will leave you w/ less room to work initially but you can get it done this way.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I swapped in an FGT pump while I had the rear-end out for a gear swap. It's a direct swap especially if you're not doing the PPRV delete. I used the instructions linked from Lethal's site for the Focus pump but it's all the same since it's a direct swap save having to crimp on the female connectors.

I didn't remove the filler neck at the cap b/c it looked a pita to put back together. This will leave you w/ less room to work initially but you can get it done this way.

Thanks! Those will be helpful.

I think I'm going to leave it connected at the cap as well. It looks like it would be a pain in the dick to get that lined back up to reattach it.

I'm going to order the pump this week. I'm sure there will be more questions to come.

Users who are viewing this thread