Fuel Pump

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
So, it's time for a new one. Should I just order another stocker or is there something better (Focus?) I should swap in while I'm at it? Car will probably see light boost in the future.

Suggestions, merci.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If there's boost in the future then definitly upgrade. Are you looking for plug and play or would you mind a little work?

Bad99SVT

Insane SVT Poster
Established Member
i have a svt focus pump in mine...works great. If you are wanting boost i heard you can run a bap with the focus pump or you could just get 03-04 cobra hat and pumps and be done.:beer:

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
Focus pumps are tapped anywhere from 400-440rwhp with no boost a pump from what I have seen. Direct swap in

Gt pump are upper 400s-low 500s with no boost a pump. Got to snip two wires add connectors and connect. Mise well do a pprv delete and get a gates 5/16 submersible hose and drill some holes in your basket and done.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Gt pump are upper 400s-low 500s with no boost a pump. Got to snip two wires add connectors and connect. Mise well do a pprv delete and get a gates 5/16 submersible hose and drill some holes in your basket and done.

I have a stock FPDM, no BAP, no wire upgrade, GT pumps and I made it too almost 600rwhp. Stock Cobra pumps will run out around low 500's. Unless you're referring to single pumps.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Fuel system is completely stock. Some dude locally had 03 tank and pumps for sale, but I think it might be sold. That would've been too easy.

I would prefer plug and play as I don't love wiring, but as long as it isn't crazy complicated I could be swayed. Is a single GT pump worth the effort over a Focus?

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Fuel system is completely stock. Some dude locally had 03 tank and pumps for sale, but I think it might be sold. That would've been too easy.

I would prefer plug and play as I don't love wiring, but as long as it isn't crazy complicated I could be swayed. Is a single GT pump worth the effort over a Focus?

The SVT Focus pump is an exact replacement. No cutting, splicing or anything. I have customers with up to 450 rwhp on a single SVT focus pump.

Light boost, yes it will cover your needs.
Installation is painless. Very simple.

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
006 are they running a BAP to get to 450?

Both my buddys have svt pumps and they were tapped at 390-400rwhp. They are running BAPs and are at 430 now...

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
006 are they running a BAP to get to 450?

Both my buddys have svt pumps and they were tapped at 390-400rwhp. They are running BAPs and are at 430 now...

At their power level, I am almost certain that they are running a BAP.

slonech

Dark Side
Established Member
I am running a GT pump in my car now with the spray.... works just fine for my 150 wet shot

trxcobra

Established Member
running a GT pump as well, works good the pprv delete is kind of a pain though having to crank the car over for several seconds sometimes to start it. thats my only complaint

2001SVTsnake

Established Member
Since I deleted my pprv now I need a tune....

As for the starting the car I find it best to turn the key to where the pumps turns on wait a couple section so the fuel pressure rises then start the car

As for the hardness I watched my buddy do his focus pump. I had no experience with fuel crap at all and got my pump in, in like 30 min. Taking my time. Wasent hard at all. Was nervouse as hell tho from the gas fumes lol

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
After a little bit of reading, I'm thinking I'm probably going to order a GT pump. Is there a writeup for our cars floating around for this?

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
I have a Focus pump I just pulled to go twin GTs. I'll sell it to you if you want. But, the GT pump install is prett straight forward. You will have to cut the connector for your pump off and crimp on two female connectors for the GT pump. The red and black striped wire is + and the black wire is - . Everything else is the same.

olgreydog7

Jaded
Established Member
Also, when I bought my pumps about a month ago, Summit had not updated their price, so they had them cheaper than even Steve.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
PPRV deletes aren't necessary and can cause problems in the single pump tanks in the New Edges! Twin pump 03/04's do this procedure!

Users who are viewing this thread