Fuel Help

AaronK

Established Member
First, I have a BAP (set on 50%), GT pumps, stock FPDM and no wire upgrade.

My car can hardly stay running without me using the throttle. And there is a HUGE hesitation problem. So I just put a programmer on my car and my pressure started (before I turned the motor over) at 75% and fell to 19% before it died...

Also, turned my BAP all the way down to zero, and that was the only way I could keep it half-assed running/idling but it surged like crazy, kinda sounded like I had a huge cam in it. When the BAP was turned up even a little, it wouldn't idle at all; it would just die.

I'm pretty sure it's either the FPDM or the pump(s) or both. Fuel filter is new. After doing some searching, it seems that I shouldn't be running the stock FPDM, but I would think that if it went into "thermal shutdown" it would come back after it cooled down.

So I'm thinking (hoping) a hose just popped off in the tank. Maybe a bad fuel pump. How would I know if the FPDM is bad? I need to get this thing running.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Sounds like an issue in the tank.

But you should definitly be running either dual FPDM's or a modified FPDM with the GT Pumps. Along with a wiring upgrade.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
Is your computer throwing any codes?:shrug:

If you're having FPDM issues, you'll generally get a P01233 code, "FPDM Offline."...

AaronK

Established Member
No codes at all... I will be ordering a Stage II FPDM asap once I get the car running again. I didn't realize how much you really need it until today. From the people I've talked to, they think it's probably something in the tank like Sleeper said.

Is there anything "common" that happens in-tank? Like a certain hose that often comes off or has problems?

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
In your other thread you said there was a "whistling under the hood"

do you still have that?

AaronK

Established Member
In your other thread you said there was a "whistling under the hood"

do you still have that?

Yes, but I can't find ANYTHING that would be causing that... I'm think it is just the supercharger because the motor is surging :shrug: I had a couple people look at it also and we seriously can't find anything wrong under the hood.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Is there anything "common" that happens in-tank? Like a certain hose that often comes off or has problems?
If you have the stock lines sometimes they burst with extra volume from the pumps and BAP.

If you are running a PPRV delete, then sometimes the hoses either pop off or kink in the tank.

AaronK

Established Member
If you have the stock lines sometimes they burst with extra volume from the pumps and BAP.

If you are running a PPRV delete, then sometimes the hoses either pop off or kink in the tank.

I don't have the PPRV delete, I have heard some bad things about the stock fuel lines though...

If I end up replacing the stock lines with a -8 line, should I get a retune after that?

twhitey

Established Member
I am having something kind of like this but I have codes p 0234, p1235 and p0148. I replaced the frps and a blown fuse. and the problem returned. I am only running a KB BAP set at 20 with stock pumps. My next step is to dump the BAP and run gt pumps w dual fpdms.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I don't have the PPRV delete, I have heard some bad things about the stock fuel lines though...

If I end up replacing the stock lines with a -8 line, should I get a retune after that?
I would get the Fore Hat to go along with your GT pumps. It will eliminate any bad lines in the tank and I would also upgrade the line to the rails with a -8 line.

This will drop your FPDC and eliminate a lot of problems. You should not need a retune by doing this.

If you need help let me know. I am in the DFW area as well. :beer:

AaronK

Established Member
I would get the Fore Hat to go along with your GT pumps. It will eliminate any bad lines in the tank and I would also upgrade the line to the rails with a -8 line.

This will drop your FPDC and eliminate a lot of problems. You should not need a retune by doing this.

If you need help let me know. I am in the DFW area as well. :beer:

I really don't have enough money to do the fuel hat right now. I am looking at upgrading the fuel line though. I have an extra GT pump in case I need it. As soon as I get this up and running again I'll be doing the Stage II FPDM and the Hat.

I just need to get the tank down and look everything over to figure out whats wrong. I hope it's something simple. Thanks for the offer to help. I will probably PM you if I have any more questions. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread