Fuel for the terminator

• Leaded

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unleaded

Votes: 9 100.0%

• Total voters

Grady

Established Member
  1. I own a 2004 Screaming yellow convertible with 11,000 miles. I am a new member to this form. My question to you guys is about fuel. In my area I can get 91 octane leaded fuel. I know the car calls for 92 octane. I can also use 93 octane Sunoco unleaded . Is it still about the octane number or would the 91 leaded be better? Grady

nxhappy

Established Member
do not use lead, it will ruin the cats. Use unleaded fuel, and use some Torco if you can have it shipped.

nxhappy

Established Member
ok cool! yes, run the 93 octane (unleaded). that is best for your Terminator.

Grady

Established Member
ok cool! yes, run the 93 octane (unleaded). that is best for your Terminator.
I forgot to mention I have actually owned 2 2004 Screaming yellow conv. I sold my first one back in 2008 and sold it. I have missed it ever since. Decided I wanted another one to keep. Found this car back in Feb. The owner of this car worked for Ford for many years and bought it for his wife new back in 2004. Had it shipped here in Pa. back in Mar. Plan to keep it forever. I am 65, hope it is at least another 20 years.

Grady

Established Member
I forgot to mention I have actually owned 2 2004 Screaming yellow conv. I sold my first one back in 2008 and sold it. I have missed it ever since. Decided I wanted another one to keep. Found this car back in Feb. The owner of this car worked for Ford for many years and bought it for his wife new back in 2004. Had it shipped here in Pa. back in Mar. Plan to keep it forever. I am 65, hope it is at least another 20 years.

nxhappy

Established Member

awesome man ! welcome to svtp !

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
I didn't know you could buy leaded fuel anymore outside of aviation.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Welcome to SVTPerformance. Nice that you own an '04 SY Cobra with only 11K miles on it. I'd like to recommend that you browse through my Terminator FAQs. You'll find a lot of good info there, specific to the '03-'04 Cobra.

Be thankful you can get 93 octane unleaded. In many areas around the country you can only get 91 octane unleaded. Enjoy your Screaming Yellow Cobra this coming summer. :)

Grady

Established Member
Welcome to SVTPerformance. Nice that you own an '04 SY Cobra with only 11K miles on it. I'd like to recommend that you browse through my Terminator FAQs. You'll find a lot of good info there, specific to the '03-'04 Cobra.

Be thankful you can get 93 octane unleaded. In many areas around the country you can only get 91 octane unleaded. Enjoy your Screaming Yellow Cobra this coming summer. :)

mervt

Established Member
In the U.K the lowest fuel rating is 95 octane, I run my 03 Terminator on Shell Optimax 98 octane but BP is selling 102 octane fuel called ultimate 102 which is suppose to give a boost of 8.6 more power than 97 octane fuel , fuel prices here are crazy 1 gallon of shell optimax 98 is around $8 a gallon so a full tank here on a 03 mustang cobra will cost you $100 + even 95 octane unleaded fuel your looking at $90+ For a tank , you guys are so lucky in the US , just wish our fuel was as cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread