FS - 2013/14 20" Super Snake engraved wheels/tires, 3pc. Shelby Forged

68gtscode

Established Member
There is always opinionated A-Holes in these forums stirring the pot that needs everyones attention or to be heard... Speak when spoken to, hide behind your little keyboard and run along little boy...

I sent you a PM yesterday. In the case you didn’t receive it, I’ve copied it here-

Hello, I figured I'd send a note rather than continue to screw up Robert M's for sale thread. I have sold a few cars lately as well as a number of parts. Typically people on facebook or craigslist throw out low offers regardless of what the value of your item is. It doesn't matter- you could list something that is worth $10 for $1, and you're still going to get people throwing out "offers" for 50 cents. I bet half of these people wouldn't even reply if you accepted their offer. I know you're new to SVTP, but I treat others here as fellow enthusiasts, with respect. If I want to make an offer, I do so over a PM. I explain why I feel my offer is reasonable, and don't just throw out a number in the seller's posting that would potentially hurt their sale. That is where I was coming from in regard to your post. Perhaps you can understand my perspective, but perhaps not. Next time you sell something, I'm sure you would appreciate being treated in such a manner.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I sent you a PM yesterday. In the case you didn’t receive it, I’ve copied it here-

Hello, I figured I'd send a note rather than continue to screw up Robert M's for sale thread. I have sold a few cars lately as well as a number of parts. Typically people on facebook or craigslist throw out low offers regardless of what the value of your item is. It doesn't matter- you could list something that is worth $10 for $1, and you're still going to get people throwing out "offers" for 50 cents. I bet half of these people wouldn't even reply if you accepted their offer. I know you're new to SVTP, but I treat others here as fellow enthusiasts, with respect. If I want to make an offer, I do so over a PM. I explain why I feel my offer is reasonable, and don't just throw out a number in the seller's posting that would potentially hurt their sale. That is where I was coming from in regard to your post. Perhaps you can understand my perspective, but perhaps not. Next time you sell something, I'm sure you would appreciate being treated in such a manner.

Thank you for your input, and yes, throwing a price into a forum for sale thread can do a couple of things specifically, it can "appear" to diminish the value of the item for sale in some cases, and it can also appear to some perspective buyers that there is a deal going, "possibly in the background", and they leave the item alone as to not step on another members deal.

Anyone who has been around these cars for any amount of time knows what "Super Snake specific" parts are and what it takes to get them. Most anything Super Snake specific (engraved/labeled, etc.) also has a "investment value", unlike other "like" non-Super Snake parts. An owner can buy/use a Super Snake specific part or parts, keep them nice (in this case don't road rash or damage the wheels), and recoup most or all of their money when it comes time to sell those Super Snake parts. The availability of correct Super Snake parts only goes down over time and nice parts examples get to be less and less.

All of this being said......When I buy parts for my ultra low mile Super Snake, I wait to find the best quality I can find if the parts are used. Wheels are what catch a person's eye quickly when viewing a car, they gotta look Great!.......and when there is "SUPER SNAKE" engraving on them......a closer look is most always taken at the car because most everyone knows "SHELBY SUPER SNAKE" no matter what brand car they drive/own. There probably won't be many (if any) Shelby's around you at a car show with Correct Super Snake wheels (unless there is a Super Snake at the car show)......because they are hard to find and more costly to buy when you find nice ones.

The wheels that Shelby chose for the 2013 Super Snake are Modulare H9's. I have heard that these same wheels on the Modulare site are $5500 + or - when purchased from Modulare or a vendor, this is with Nothing "SHELBY", or "SUPER SNAKE" and No "CS" cap. So a person can buy these H9 wheels new (bare, no tires, no TPMS, and especially no TPMS holders which are really rare) and add the cost of all of the other items previously listed and what do you have??? a set of non-Super Snake H9 Modulares. Add $1500 or more for tires, then TPMS, and the ever illusive billet TPMS holders used in these wheels (not available from Modulare), plus mounting and balancing?........maybe $7200? <<All new but nothing "SHELBY" on them.

I appreciate all of the comments, it is not a big deal with the back and forth.........Now it is Saturday........Still Smiling!!!

R

Last edited:

TPenz

Established Member
Hi Robert, Maybe you could update your pictures? IMO presentation is everything to buyers and the pictures you've posted do not give the wheels justice due to the poor resolution not showing the finish/ surface condition. Clearly no curb rash, but do these wheels have any flaws? Scratches, nicks ets? Buyers need to be reassured they are in "like new" condition when spending the $ regardless of what you are selling, I'm sure you would agree.

At the end of the day, these wheels are worth what someone's willing to pay regardless of one's opinion.

Happy Sunday! :)

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Hi Robert, Maybe you could update your pictures? IMO presentation is everything to buyers and the pictures you've posted do not give the wheels justice due to the poor resolution not showing the finish/ surface condition. Clearly no curb rash, but do these wheels have any flaws? Scratches, nicks ets? Buyers need to be reassured they are in "like new" condition when spending the $ regardless of what you are selling, I'm sure you would agree.

At the end of the day, these wheels are worth what someone's willing to pay regardless of one's opinion.

Happy Sunday! :)

I hate to say anything "used" is "Like New", Like New is New, anything else is "Used", or "Like Used". The wheels have tires mounted on them so there is no way they could be considered "new" or "like new", a vendor would not take them back because they would be considered "used". As for any damage, I have looked them over and have not seen anything that sticks out as being an issue, the picture quality is what it is, I have seen for sale pictures that are much worse than what I have taken, bad angles, poor lighting, etc. I am definitely not selling them for "new" money.......If a person is a Super Snake owner, I have been told that Shelby will charge approx. $7200 for a set of four, with the Shelby and Super Snake engraving, CS cap, etc., and then tires and TPMS cost on top of that...........so my asking price is wayyyyyy away from that kind of money.

I would say that "if" there is anything that would be considered an issue (and that is "if" there is), a person would have to be down with the wheels examining them closely for any flaws or imperfections. I would guess any wheel that has had tires mounted, been cleaned with a cloth and been used on the road "may" have some sort of signs of being "used"..........These are not New wheels and I will never claim they are "Like New", they are Very Nice 2013/14 Super Snake take-offs with no curb/road damage or brake dust, and if a person is not happy with that description and wants New, then the best bet is for them to find a Super Snake owner who will get them New wheels from Shelby for $7000+........Then the wheels will be "Like New", "Mint", "New" and would be returnable if there is the slightest hint of a flaw.......

........and as for the worth or value of these wheels/tires? If a seller is not willing to sell for a price that a buyer "thinks" something is worth (or is willing to offer), doesn't mean that the item is over priced or over valued, it just means that "they" are not the buyer for the item(s) and "that" deal will not come together......

R

Last edited:

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
T

The wheels that Shelby chose for the 2013 Super Snake are Modulare H9's. I have heard that these same wheels on the Modulare site are $5500 + or - when purchased from Modulare or a vendor, this is with Nothing "SHELBY", or "SUPER SNAKE" and No "CS" cap. So a person can buy these H9 wheels new (bare, no tires, no TPMS, and especially no TPMS holders which are really rare) and add the cost of all of the other items previously listed and what do you have??? a set of non-Super Snake H9 Modulares. Add $1500 or more for tires, then TPMS, and the ever illusive billet TPMS holders used in these wheels (not available from Modulare), plus mounting and balancing?........maybe $7200? <<All new but nothing "SHELBY" on them.

I appreciate all of the comments, it is not a big deal with the back and forth.........Now it is Saturday........Still Smiling!!!

R
............As I stated in post # 2, your asking price = an exceptional value.
I ordered a set of H9's from Modulare, as optioned, $ 1700.00 ea.
On the 20 x 11 rears, I mounted MPSS K1 315/35's, @ $ 420.36 ea. ( 06/17/2019 )
Add $ 115.00 for mounting & balance, ( 4 ) tires, don't forget two different size lug nuts..
I don't & never have put TPMS in any aftermarket wheels I've bought.
H9-rear-wheels-03-18-2020-008.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
............As I stated in post # 2, your asking price = an exceptional value.
I ordered a set of H9's from Modulare, as optioned, $ 1700.00 ea.
On the 20 x 11 rears, I mounted MPSS K1 315/35's, @ $ 420.36 ea. ( 06/17/2019 )
Add $ 115.00 for mounting & balance, ( 4 ) tires, don't forget two different size lug nuts..
I don't & never have put TPMS in any aftermarket wheels I've bought.
View attachment 1668871

^^^Thank you for your support and personal experience information, the Yellow highlighted prices are kind of hard to read against the white background, can you please add them in a darker color if I am incorrect with my info. below?

It looks like the New non-Shelby/Super Snake engraved H9's cost you $ 1700.00 ea., is that correct for "New/bare" H9's and a total of $6800?..............and then tires, mounting, balancing and the unique length lug nuts which were additional cost?

^^^^^^This would also fall in line with the $7200 pricing that Shelby charges for the for bare wheel H9's with "SHELBY FORGED" and "SUPER SNAKE" engraving and the "CS" Race Track logo center caps for the correct Super Snake application and replacement Super Snake owner wheels.

BTW - They Look GREAT!!!

R

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread