FS - 2013/14 20" Super Snake engraved wheels/tires, 3pc. Shelby Forged

68gtscode

Established Member
I know the Nitto Invo's run narrower when compared side-by-side with other tire brands of the same exact size, but I am not sure about the 555R's. I would think those 555R's would fit very nicely on an 11" rim?

R

Nitto 555Rs run very narrow! That said, you’ll see on Nitto’s website the approved rim for their 305/35R20 is 10-12” with 11” being their measuring rim. So, your wheels would be perfect!

TPenz

Established Member
^ Exactly. See below-
There is always opinionated A-Holes in these forums stirring the pot that needs everyones attention or to be heard... Speak when spoken to, hide behind your little keyboard and run along little boy...

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Nitto 555Rs run very narrow! That said, you’ll see on Nitto’s website the approved rim for their 305/35R20 is 10-12” with 11” being their measuring rim. So, your wheels would be perfect!

Thanks for the confirmation on Nitto size, I have found that the real determining factor in tire fit is not the size listed on the sidewall, but instead where that "305 in this case" is measured by its manufacturer. The problem is.........There is not a standard as to where the tread width is measured in the tire industry, some measure the 305 (in this case) as the actual contact surface and some measure the tread as going all the wall around the corner to where it ends on the sidewall, that alone can make a large difference in "actual" tread width from tire brand to tire brand, so a 305 in one brand may actually measure more toward a 285 in another and the 30 or 35 sidewall height percentage follows right along with the way the tread width is measured, so the tires can be shorter or taller among the brands when comparing the same exact tire sizes.

Tim above has said his 305's on his 10" Alcoa's are even (or very close) with the fender lip on 10" Alcoa's.........If you closely look at the 295's Michelin's shown on the 11" Super Snake wheels I am selling, there is quite a bulge, not too much, but definitely meaty and not anywhere near a flat sidewall, and that is a 295 on an 11" wheel.

Different brand tires of the same exact size are not all the same, I learned that about 15 years ago when comparing 255/45 Goodyear GS-C's from my 1995 SVT Cobra Convert./Hardtop and 255/45 BFG Comp T/A's from my 1995 Cobra R........The difference in width and diameter when comparing those two "like sized" tires was unbelievable! So from that point forward, I do not put any faith in "actual tread contact" performance by simply hearing a tire size, they are all different.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks Robert... It was an unnecessary jab at me... People should remember the quote “If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.”

It's Friday, we are all smiling................But I am retired so every day is Friday, I am always smiling.......Until I get the list from my wife for the week's projects......:eek:

R

TPenz

Established Member
Thanks for the confirmation on Nitto size, I have found that the real determining factor in tire fit is not the size listed on the sidewall, but instead where that "305 in this case" is measured by its manufacturer. The problem is.........There is not a standard as to where the tread width is measured in the tire industry, some measure the 305 (in this case) as the actual contact surface and some measure the tread as going all the wall around the corner to where it ends on the sidewall, that alone can make a large difference in "actual" tread width from tire brand to tire brand, so a 305 in one brand may actually measure more toward a 285 in another and the 30 or 35 sidewall height percentage follows right along with the way the tread width is measured, so the tires can be shorter or taller among the brands when comparing the same exact tire sizes.

Tim above has said his 305's on his 10" Alcoa's are even (or very close) with the fender lip on 10" Alcoa's.........If you closely look at the 295's Michelin's shown on the 11" Super Snake wheels I am selling, there is quite a bulge, not too much, but definitely meaty and not anywhere near a flat sidewall, and that is a 295 on an 11" wheel.

Different brand tires of the same exact size are not all the same, I learned that about 15 years ago when comparing 255/45 Goodyear GS-C's from my 1995 SVT Cobra Convert./Hardtop and 255/45 BFG Comp T/A's from my 1995 Cobra R........The difference in width and diameter when comparing those two "like sized" tires was unbelievable! So from that point forward, I do not put any faith in "actual tread contact" performance by simply hearing a tire size, they are all different.

R
All good info... I wasn't aware of the bulges until my second Shelby when I had my 1st set of Alcoas "this being my 3rd Shelby". Always interesting to hear others stories.

TPenz

Established Member
It's Friday, we are all smiling................But I am retired so every day is Friday, I am always smiling.......Until I get the list from my wife for the week's projects......:eek:

R
Good for you! I have another 5-8 years before I make the move away from Corp USA... my retirement goal is 55! And after 30 years w/ my queen, the list never ends! ha-ha

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
All good info... I wasn't aware of the bulges until my second Shelby when I had my 1st set of Alcoas "this being my 3rd Shelby". Always interesting to hear others stories.

Yes, a person would think a 305 is a 305 (or any other same size comparo)......but the question is.......is it 305mm on the road contact surface? or is it 285/295ish on the road surface and the rest is around the corner sidewall, which does nothing for traction except when the car is pushed into a turn, but that is not straight line traction which most are expecting it to be when the buy a specific size.

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Good for you! I have another 5-8 years before I make the move away from Corp USA... my retirement goal is 55! And after 30 years w/ my queen, the list never ends! ha-ha

I worked for the local telco for 31.5 years, first GTE, the Verizon, then Frontier. I retired on Jan. 31st 2020 and they went into Chapter 11 on April 15 and are currently working through that. If I would have still been there now, I would not be able to get my 31.5 year lump sum retirement payout, I am glad I left when I did and moved my money into a firm outside of the telco.

R

TPenz

Established Member
I worked for the local telco for 31.5 years, first GTE, the Verizon, then Frontier. I retired on Jan. 31st 2020 and they went into Chapter 11 on April 15 and are currently working through that. If I would have still been there now, I would not be able to get my 31.5 year lump sum retirement payout, I am glad I left when I did and moved my money into a firm outside of the telco.

R
Congrats! Good move! I've been in Telecom for 20+ years (Nortel, Cisco, Lucent/Avaya) and the list goes on...

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Congrats! Good move! I've been in Telecom for 20+ years (Nortel, Cisco, Lucent/Avaya) and the list goes on...

I did Nortel Key and PBX for about 20 years during GTE and Verizon and VoIP toward the end of Nortel, then I migrated into the Avaya VoIP platforms taking over after Nortel went bust, then Verizon decided they no longer wanted to support CPE equip., or at least most of it, so I took a Central Office Technician position for my last 4-5 years. I really hated to leave my work, I had seniority for tour bids, I had 5 weeks vacation plus 7 floating holidays per year, Great benefits, etc. but something inside my head said it was time to go.......so I did.....

I got involved with the Cisco stuff and a CCNA for a little bit (a couple of years), but that was when the support for the Key and PBX systems was changing and the training was reduced.

R

TPenz

Established Member
I did Nortel Key and PBX for about 20 years during GTE and Verizon and VoIP toward the end of Nortel, then I migrated into the Avaya VoIP platforms taking over after Nortel went bust, then Verizon decided they no longer wanted to support CPE equip., or at least most of it, so I took a Central Office Technician position for my last 4-5 years. I really hated to leave my work, I had seniority for tour bids, I had 5 weeks vacation plus 7 floating holidays per year, Great benefits, etc. but something inside my head said it was time to go.......so I did.....

I got involved with the Cisco stuff and a CCNA for a little bit (a couple of years), but that was when the support for the Key and PBX systems was changing and the training was reduced.

R
I can't wait to get out! :) Currently out of my T3 technical role and now Manage the Network/Voice infrastructure for a major Health care company.

Users who are viewing this thread