FS, 2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra Coupe

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
New Price $18,500

I am throwing this out there on a bit of an impulse. I have considered selling my 03 a couple of times and have always changed my mind before listing it on a public forum. I am going to go ahead and post it as for sale now. The first $19,500 drives it away.

This 2003 Dark Shadow Grey Cobra Coupe sold new at Bill Currie Ford in Tampa Florida on June 23, 2003. I am the second owner and have had the car since 2005. I discovered it on the showroom floor of Bill Currie Ford where it had been turned in on a trade in. When I purchased the car it had 4000 miles on the odometer. It now has 74,000 and is in great shape.

It has the basic bolt on mods which include, Long Tube Headers, Off Road H-pipe, Flow Master Cat Back, Spec Stage 2 clutch, MGW shifter, Predator tune(Handheld included), Billet Flow throttle body (original included), Afco dual pass heat exchanger, Fiore Micro Click adjuster and quadrant, LDC Freeplay kit, etc. The car was Dyno tuned at Coastal Performance in Tampa Florida and made 427 rwhp on a Mustang Dyno. That is with a conservative tune through the stock Air box and silencer. The car has never been raced although I will admit leaving a toll booth or two and pushing the rear wheels past the breaking point when the boost comes on ¾ of the way through 2nd gear.

I have the complete fully documented vehicle history provided by the Florida Department of Transportation including a copy of the Certificate of Origin, a copy of every title issued, and copy of every registration since day one. I also have the original owners name and mailing address as shown on the original title.

No scatches, dings, dents, or chips. Detailed photos of any area or aspect of this ultra clean 03 are available on request. The car is perfect and needs nothing. No disappointments, the car is as represented.

Cobra.jpg

XDSC07339.jpg

XDSC07338.jpg

XDSC07322.jpg

XDSC07315.jpg

XDSC07298.jpg

XDSC07293.jpg

XDSC07289.jpg

DSC07454.jpg

XDSC07302.jpg

DSC00002x.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Rightfrontfender.gif

XDSC01596.jpg

DSC01601x.jpg

XDSC04885.jpg

XDSC04825.jpg

XDSC07303.jpg

DSC07451.jpg

DSC07486.jpg

DSC07489.jpg

DSC07472.jpg

DSC07476.jpg

DSC07478.jpg

DSC07480.jpg

DSC07481.jpg

DSC07463.jpg

DSC07467.jpg

CompleteSetofDocs.gif

Last edited:

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
OP, why are you selling? You have sooo much time and effort invested into this pristine ride.

jbrown1238

Established Member
OP, why are you selling? You have sooo much time and effort invested into this pristine ride.

I have mixed emotions this time about selling. In the past when I have considered selling it has been because another vehicle has caught my eye. This time it is because of my job. I have been with the same company for 23 years. I drove for 12 years and then moved into management and have been doing that for that past 11 years. Last year our company sold to a larger ownership group and as expected many things have changed. It is getting difficult to successfully manage under the new ownership group. I am very seriously considering going back to driving and that would require purchasing and setting up another type of vehicle for that line of work.

Last edited:

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
Holy cow, I followed your respray thread from day one, there isn't a more pristine condition Cobra for sale on this site or any other site IMO, period. Whoever pulls the trigger on this one will for sure not be disappointed.

shhak

Established Member
Damn.....wonder if I can put off buying my wife a new SUV for a couple more years...LOL!

jbrown1238

Established Member
Holy cow, I followed your respray thread from day one, there isn't a more pristine condition Cobra for sale on this site or any other site IMO, period. Whoever pulls the trigger on this one will for sure not be disappointed.

Thank you everyone. I do try to keep on top of things as the car ages. As most of you know I am a bit of a OEM buff. I like the looks of stock appearing cars and try to maintain the "factory" look when possible.

My intercooler tank is missing the decal so I have been thinking about purchasing a new OEM tank from Ford. The only thing that is holding me back is the $225.00 price tag. That seems like a lot to spend just so I can look at the decal when I open the hood. After all the tank itself is fine. Long story short I just found a brand new one in the box for $70.00 shipped. I am pretty sure I am going to pull the trigger on that one. I would spend $70.00 just so I could look at the new decal!!!!!

shhak

Established Member
hell, some of the local body shops would charge more than your asking price just to do the quality repaint that you just did.

jbrown1238

Established Member
hell, some of the local body shops would charge more than your asking price just to do the quality repaint that you just did.

LOL,

Paint is getting expensive. Not to mention the work itself. Oh well, I had fun doing it and posting all the photos while the project moved along. I still can't imagine not having this thing around. In a way I hope it doesn't sell.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
Wow Jeff! I am surprised you are selling your car.

Good luck on your sale and with work.

Kevin

jbrown1238

Established Member
Wow Jeff! I am surprised you are selling your car.

Good luck on your sale and with work.

Kevin

Thanks Kevin. I am starting to come to my senses and may end up selling the Harley instead. I hate to part with either one but also hate the feeling of being trapped in a job that is becoming impossible to manage. No matter what happens I will still be around this site as it has the best group of people on any forum I have found.

jbrown1238

Established Member
Monthly Bump, no rush to sell but it is really for sale!! Not just a feeler post to gauge interest.

Users who are viewing this thread