FS ..04 competition orange coupe in maryland

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
I hate to offer less then what you're asking but 25 is all I can afford. I have the money now tho and I'm right outisde of washington dc. I can come up right away . Send me a PM cuz I dont check these threads alot. Thanks

05Mustang

Established Member
I am also willing to pay you $25,000 if the two other offers fall through, but I am not willing to go any higher than that.

Remember...the terminator market is like the real estate market that has peeked and is starting to come down. Once the Shelby GT 500s start selling for MSRP (or lower), the value of these cars are going to decrease SIGNIFICANTLY. :pop:

In the fall of 2003/2004 when Ford was offering $3,000 back because these cars were sitting on dealer lots, they were going for $31,000 NEW all day.

And for those who think the Shelby are not going to come down, also remember in fall 2002 when the terminators were selling for $5,000-$15,000 over sticker...

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
yeah my father works for ford, the shelbys are on limited order, when and if you get one good luck getting one at sticker,,, they are still selling them 15,000+ over sticker,,, when or if they get any,,, the 1st 3 they got were sold a year in advance , they go down the list of people who want it, if not they go to the next person who wants it,,,,, not to deviate, sorry ,,, if you want to talk,pm me ,, try a number around my mark and maybe we could work something out

Last edited:

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
Actually I know someone that got a white shelby a few months ago for less then a grand over sticker at a local ford dealership here in va. I think 3people in a row all offering you close to the same bid is indicative of what ppl want right now which is a really good snow storm deal lol. Good luck with the sale . Im sure its a sweet azz termie. If you reconsider then let me know. I'm somewhat local and I have the funds. ttt

05Mustang

Established Member
I also know several people who paid anywhere between MSRP and $5,000 over sticker for their GT 500. Unfortunately, I was not one of the lucky ones.

I'm sure your car is awesome, but I think the market value is a lot closer to $25,000 then it is $27,000. Also, I noticed on the below post that you wrote "asking $27,000."

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360620

Good luck with the sale anyway.

GeorgeG

Established Member
Hi All,

I tried to appraise this car using Edmunds book value (much more accurate and realistic than Kelly Blue Book) and came up with the below. Basically, the "private party" book value assuming the car is in outstanding condition and adjusted for miles is $24,083 (i.e., it needs nothing). I am not sure if the car has chrome rims, but I assumed it did.

Here's the link in case anyone wants to run the numbers from their zip code:

http://www.edmunds.com/used/2004/ford/mustangsvtcobra/100340197/options.html?tmvaction=vdpresult

2004 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra 2dr Coupe (4.6L 8cyl S/C 6M)
Trade-In Private Party Dealer Retail
National Base Price $19,794 $21,831 $23,497
Optional Equipment $256 $288 $350
17 Inch Wheels - Chrome $256 $288 $350
Color Adjustment
Orange $0 $0 $0
Regional Adjustment
for Zip Code 19801 $40 $44 $47
Mileage Adjustment
15,000 miles $1,030 $1,030 $1,030
Condition Adjustment
Outstanding $849 $890 $981
Total $21,969 $24,083 $25,905

I personally think the car is worth more than this, but my thought is more gut rather than based on data, which is what Edmunds uses.

I would personally pay closer to $25,000-$25,500 like the other offers, but then again it's whatever floats your boat. :rolling:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Well, I'll just say this! You guys can argue what the car is worth and jack his thread, not cool by any means. Start your own thread on what his rare Comp Orange low miles bad ass Cobra is worth to him. You guys sound like a bunch of low balling, tire kickers!

GeorgeG

Established Member
With all due respect, how does offering someone $1000-$1,500 above book value make us low-balling tire kickers?

In business, decisions are often based on data. I think buying a car is part business/part "irrattional exuberance" (in the words of our former Federal reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan). The "irrational exuberance" part is how much you are willing to pay above book value.

I suspect the offers made here are legit and these folks can back up their offers with real cash.

Deanpug

Established Member
I too would like to buy a Comp O term like his for 25ish, but I don't believe anyone is going to get one for that price. I have purchased over 12 terminators in since they came out, modding, some already modded and drive them for a while then sell them. I believe he is right in the ballpark. I wish him luck. 03's with 20+k miles are doing 26k at Manheim Auto Auction so I can only guess on 04, C. O. in the teens for milage would do 27ish. I keep a real close pulse of the market on these and 25k would be a bargain for anyone. Good luck to all buyers and sellers.
Dean

Marc

Established Member
I know my Comp Orange cobra would draw $28K here. I think it boils down to how much the buyer really wants that car. I paid $29.5K for mine just a year ago. My has some nice, but conservative mods.

From watching different boards, it seems that the mystics, COs, and even the Sonic Blue Terminators seem to draw a little more money...maybe I am wrong and not trying to offend anyone, but it seems that way. Even before I decided on the Comp Orange over a year ago, it seemed that way.

05Mustang

Established Member
First off, I don't mean to offend anyone, but I am just stating some facts.

For those of you who follow EBay, there were two CO Terminators that sold for approximately $25k about six months ago. One had 5,000 miles and I think the other one had 11,000 miles?

There was another one that was in NY that had 8k miles and was not pullied and got bid up to $25.8k.

I will see if I can find the links, but I think they get removed after 30 days?

Users who are viewing this thread