FRPP Supercharger Upgrade Problem

mgmustang1

Established Member
what dealer is it, cause im in nj and wouldn't want to go there. The service writers dont know jack ****

RedlineHP

Established Member
+1 on this dealer, I'm not getting the warm fuzzy about what you said.
I can tell you I have the same kit and H/E and both work great. I did the install and both made hugh difference in the car. If you have any mechanical skill you can do these.
The reprogram restraint sounds like the reprogram for the airbag deployment they had, no rewiring involved.
If they messed up your PCM, you still have to install the FRPP TVS tune after the stock tune is put back in the car.
Cleaning boost gauge? sounds like there making up stuff to tell you.
The H/E blowing a fuse is probably from being wired incorrectly. JMO
If you were in FL I'd walk you through it.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Yeah my brother had the restraint done to his car. We were in and out in like 30 minutes. The computer they needed for the upload was being used on another car. Was a plug and reflash. No wiring or even removing anything. Right through the OBD2 port. Not to be the bearer of bad news but I think the dealer doesn't know what they're doing. It has already started once they start blaming others work and naming aftermarket parts already on the car. That's one reason I just do my own work. Hell if I mess it up I don't mind paying. Guy a dealer messes it up will still find a way to charge you.

A real tuner would have been able to narrow down what was going on. When the car is on the dyno can't he see boost, timing and IATs. That would give an indication on whats going on. Not making boost= bypass valve unless there are vaccum lines not installed or the dreaded SC leak. Have a guy that comes out to the meets with a 2009 Shelby. Had the 750 Kit installed by the dealer with the AFCO heat exchanger. Car ran like crap so they said it needed to learn the new set-up. Would not stay idling and woulld go in and out of boost. There was a leak between the SC and intake. No silicone what so ever. Just bolt on and go. Car has been in the shop for the last month and a half trying to figure out whats wrong with it. They say the leak has been taken care of but the car will not move under it's own power

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Take it back to the ford that installed it an tell them to fix it

Bulldogger

Established Member
It sounds like they also did the C/R install also. You may have trapped air causing excessive IAT2 heat resulting in the bog and loss of power.

breoland

Established Member
Which dealer did you goto?

Bring it to downs and talk to rick and the crew. shuan is awesome over there and they will get it fixed

kens88gt

Established Member
Got the car back and it is better but still want to have it dyno'd to see what kind of power I am now making. They said they reflashed the Ford tune and apparently the same problem persisted; they took the chip from the Procal, sent it back to Ford and Frod sent them a new one; they re-flashed the factory tune and then the new upgrade tune. Said Ford wants to analyse it. The C&R heat exchanger keeps blowing a fuse on one fan. Shop said they checked the wiring and it is correct. Contaced Lethal who I bought it from and they forwarded me to C&R. Just talked with C&R and they suggested upsizing the inline fuse so looks like I will be doing that tomorrow but still don't understand why it would only do it on one fan and not the other; maybe something binding on the fan, beraings or winding and causing it to over-amp? Another case of not standing behind a product.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
^^^^
No fricken way!!!! They just told you to put a larger fuse in it?!?! If it is wired correctly the fan is bad!! If you put a larger fuse in it you are just begging for trouble and an electrical fire! If you use a larger fuse the fan will finally give out completely and then when you call them for warranty they will say well you werent using the fuse that was supplied with the kit. No thank you they would be sending me a new fan unit immediately. I'm no electrician but I did stay in a holiday inn express last night. This is completely unacceptable.

Last edited:

kens88gt

Established Member
I couldn't agree more F8L SN8K. I have sent an email to Lethal informing them of what C&R told me and asking them why they won't stand behind the product they sold to me. However I guess if C&R and/or Lethal will give that to me in writing and offer to pay for any damage to my vehicle as a result of the larger fuse, then I would be more than happy to oblige.....but I don't see that happening!

F8L SN8K

Established Member
You need to take the car to a good mustang shop and let them look it over...

Does one actually exist? It seems to be harder and harder to find a competent shop that just isn't into only trying to sell more parts to throw at problems. If he takes it to a Non Ford dealer shop to be worked on he will lose the warranty coverage on the Powertrain offered on the 605hp kits. Perhaps another Ford dealer that has more experience with these installs would be in order if this last round doesn't fix the issue. It's hard spending so much hard earn cash and even paying a premium to preserve the warranty even and it be wrong.

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I couldn't agree more F8L SN8K. I have sent an email to Lethal informing them of what C&R told me and asking them why they won't stand behind the product they sold to me. However I guess if C&R and/or Lethal will give that to me in writing and offer to pay for any damage to my vehicle as a result of the larger fuse, then I would be more than happy to oblige.....but I don't see that happening!

Ken,

Just to clear things up between us as well as to make sure others that read this understand what's going on no one said that we or C&R wouldn't stand behind the product we sell.

Your first email was an inquiry to the fan blowing a fuse. My response was to double check the wiring and if it was still blowing fuses to contact C&R direct as they are much better prepared to help you trouble shoot their product than anyone else.

After you spoke to them and they suggested using a higher amp fuse you wrote me again with concern about doing so. At that point you asked if we would stand behind the product and offer a warranty on the fan if it was defective. After receiving that email I contacted Van and he suggested what I mentioned in the reply below.

If that doesn't work please contact me and we'll make sure you get taken care of. We would never leave you or any of our other customers hanging so don't worry about it.

As far as the issues you're having with the blower kit I agree with the others. Get your car out of there and take it to a reputable performance shop.

Thanks, Jared

Ken,

I just spoke with Van@Revan Racing and he said he's never seen this before with one of C&R units. He suggested switching the fans from one relay to the other. If that same fuse blows then it's the wiring or the relay on the original side. If the fuse blows on the other side then you know it's the fan. If it turns out to be the fan there's no worries as they have a 3 year warranty on them and we'll make sure that it gets replaced. If it's the relay then that's something that can easily be fixed by swapping it out for a new relay.

None the less I'd try what he suggested as that's going to pinpoint it to being either a bad relay or a bad fan.

Let me know what it turns out to be.

Thanks, Jared

Last edited:

RedlineHP

Established Member
Got the car back and it is better but still want to have it dyno'd to see what kind of power I am now making. They said they reflashed the Ford tune and apparently the same problem persisted; they took the chip from the Procal, sent it back to Ford and Frod sent them a new one; they re-flashed the factory tune and then the new upgrade tune. Said Ford wants to analyse it. The C&R heat exchanger keeps blowing a fuse on one fan. Shop said they checked the wiring and it is correct. Contaced Lethal who I bought it from and they forwarded me to C&R. Just talked with C&R and they suggested upsizing the inline fuse so looks like I will be doing that tomorrow but still don't understand why it would only do it on one fan and not the other; maybe something binding on the fan, beraings or winding and causing it to over-amp? Another case of not standing behind a product.

Have you driven the car now? Is it showing any of the problems you described before?
On the H/E as was suggested, talk to Van @ revanracing.com he will help figure whats up with it.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
I really like that company. i have never had a bad deal with them. Now that MATT characther there has a little attitude and smart mouth with him but I don't penalize the company on one person. Dude has gotten rather smart with me a few times. Last time I asked his name to know who I was talking too. MATT he said with pride. If it wasn't for previous dealings with Jared and the others there I wouldn't buy a dime from him at the price of a penny.

breoland

Established Member
THere are a few really good places in jersey to take the car to...For a dealership take it to downs Ford. They worked on my car a few times and are great to deal with. get a hold of rick and he will lead you into the right direction. shaun the mechanic down there is top notch and meticulous.
as for other shops in nj that work on mustangs that i have been to, krazyhouse customs and big daddy performance and both places are great places to bring your car too. never had a problem

kens88gt

Established Member
Will be trying everything mentioned above.
While I agree about the warranty thing because that is why I went to a Ford Dealer in teh 1st place, my next visit will be to a well known mod shop and have them look over everything I just had done on the car.....very little confidence at this point.
I am not concerned about being on the dyno because it alreday was with what was clearly a problem tune.
I was and am still shocked that anyone would suggest installing a larger fuse; just not a smart thing.
Does the warranty for the fan cover parts or parts/labor?
If my tone is a bit brusque right now there is truly a level of frustration to go thru all of the BS with a car that is immaculate. I think for a time there I could have made the Guiness book of World Records for the world's slowest GT500. A lot of wasted time and money and it's the time that I don't have.

mgmustang1

Established Member
That sucks, hope it works out for you. Did ford send you a new procal tune, maybe the first one got screwed up somehow? Big daddy has a dyno and he could tune it, but evolution isnt too far away (PA) either-get jon lund to tune it. You should really get to know your car and do your own modifications such as the h/e. i can understand the tvs to keep warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread