FRPP N/A 5.0L Cobra Jet Intake Manifold

blackcoyote13

Established Member
I know of another CJ intake car with the following mods: (CJ intake, dual 65, 4.5 in CAI, offroad x, magnaflow mufflers - stock headers and resonators) made 443 rwhp on 93. Interesting comparison that denotes my headers and resonator delete makes 20= more.

Got a dyno chart? Curious what the torque was there and where it made more power than stock, or if it lost torque.

86merc

Established Member
I just received two CJ intake manifolds. One for my car and one for Drew (01bluesnake). Between the two of us we have a few throttle bodies to try out as well. A stock GT500, 63.5mm dual and large oval SCJ. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have some dyno results with the different equipment. As it sits it will be on a stock GT motor with a 4.5" tube inlet, stock headers, cat deletes, mufflers and aluminum driveshaft. Later we will dyno it with headers. And maybe some other items as well. We did it with the Boss intake a while back and had fun. I expect this to be the same. Especially since the numbers should be higher. :rockon: Hopefully we will see other people posting up results too.

And of course we will flog them at the track as well. :rolling:

01bluesnake

Established Member
I just received two CJ intake manifolds. One for my car and one for Drew (01bluesnake). Between the two of us we have a few throttle bodies to try out as well. A stock GT500, 63.5mm dual and large oval SCJ. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will have some dyno results with the different equipment. As it sits it will be on a stock GT motor with a 4.5" tube inlet, stock headers, cat deletes, mufflers and aluminum driveshaft. Later we will dyno it with headers. And maybe some other items as well. We did it with the Boss intake a while back and had fun. I expect this to be the same. Especially since the numbers should be higher. :rockon: Hopefully we will see other people posting up results too.

And of course we will flog them at the track as well. :rolling:

This ^ :beer:

CCM302

Established Member
Talked to a guy at Lethal today. He said a '12 with with x-pipe, 65mm tb, cai, and tune made 443/393 to the wheels on 93. Anybody else hear of any other dynos with this intake yet?

Last edited:

Ratchet

Established Member
Looks good, but all said and done, after TB, CAI and the CJ... this is about a 2000$ mod. For what 25-35 more HP? :shrug:

Ratchet

Established Member
I made a whole thread with my dyno results with boss intake and then swapping over to the CJ intake.

Yeah I know... Just stating that's a lot of money... And in sayin that, I would probably do it. lol But like we all know, dyno numbers are just dyno numbers. In for actual results at the track. :beer:

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Dyno numbers are juat dyno numbers. But you cant deny a same day back to back test. All the gains are in the throttlw body and cai.

Ratchet

Established Member
Dyno numbers are juat dyno numbers. But you cant deny a same day back to back test. All the gains are in the throttlw body and cai.

Agreed. I'm just hoping that with the mid range gain that it helps out at the track more than the peak numbers might indicate. Like 2-3 MPH adn 2-3 tenths.
:beer:

Yagermeister

Established Member
Looks good, but all said and done, after TB, CAI and the CJ... this is about a 2000$ mod. For what 25-35 more HP? :shrug:

I just ordered the CJ intake and SCJ tb and FRPP CAI. After selling the Boss intake, BBK tb, C&L cai, boss strut tower brace I will have upgraded from the Boss to CJ for around $300-500 and hopefully seeing an additional 20-30hp...not a bad value proposition in my eyes when there are no more boltons I can add to my car for more power :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Sean@LethalPerformance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I just ordered the CJ intake and SCJ tb and FRPP CAI. After selling the Boss intake, BBK tb, C&L cai, boss strut tower brace I will have upgraded from the Boss to CJ for around $300-500 and hopefully seeing an additional 20-30hp...not a bad value proposition in my eyes when there are no more boltons I can add to my car for more power :)

where did your order your frpp intake? i didnt know it was out yet.

my car just had the parts bolted on, ill have new numbers up tomorrow on a new thread if all goes as planned. though I wont have a before and after from the boss at least from same day. but i will have a 93 oct vs e85 comparison.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Fustang, they took my money at Tousley to package the shipping but will send it when it comes in

Users who are viewing this thread