FRPP N/A 5.0L Cobra Jet Intake Manifold

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Search feature seems to be bunk so I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but Ford Racing has released details about the intake manifold that is on the N/A version of the 2013 5.0L Cobra Jet. They are retailing it for $995, but you can pre-order with us (or order after their release) for much less by using your SVTPerformance member discount code. The manifold is scheduled for release on September 13th. It's on our site, but it will not show until tomorrow morning after the site does it's daily update. Here are the details available...

Ford Racing said:
m-9424-m50cj.jpg

-Fits 2011-2013 Mustang GT 5.0L Ti-VCT engine
-Original equipment on naturally aspirated version of 2013 Mustang Cobra Jet Race Car
-Made from light-weight composite material
-Runners tuned for 7750 rpm peak power
-Requires a GT500 throttle body or M-9926-CJ65, or M-9926-SCJ Cobra Jet throttle body
-Requires custom air intake tube to mate to oval throttle body
-Calibration required! Calibration not included!
-Not compatible with Boss 302 strut tower brace
-Compatible with production 5.0L Ti-VCT fuel rail
-O-ring intake gaskets included
-Significant power increase above the M-9424-M50BR Ford Racing Boss 302 intake manifold with no loss of torque.
-Nitrous oxide not recommended for use with this manifold

Let us know if you have any questions, and check our WEBSITE in the morning for pricing. For for those that don't know, the discount code is "SVTPERF". Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank You.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Looks nice! Would definitely like to see a dyno sheet vs the boss intake

01bluesnake

Established Member
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the mmr manifold was designed around forced induction, this is designed for N/A use. Yes you can put a blower with this manifold or run the mmr N/A but may see better gains with a manifold suited for the use.

Bob Cosby

Established Member
7750 rpm...means optimum shift points will be north of 8k.

What kind of tranny are you going to powershift at 8000+ rpm?

BPatterson

Established Member
I don't even think a standard built magnum will like to be power shifted above 8K.

I'm with Bob on this. When it says the intake is tuned for 7750, your shift points will need to be around 81-8200 to realize its full potential. Definitely no place for a stock coyote to be.

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
Hmmm....it would be nice to know if this fits under a stock hood. The runners are shorter than the Boss runners, but the plenum may be larger (obstructing hood closure). Personally, I would give up my strut tower bar in exchange for the hp gains with this manifold.

Also, does anybody know which throttle body is compatible with this? FRPP lists 2 tb's under the Cobra Jet section...but both of those are for the supercharged variant.

Users who are viewing this thread