FRPP 90mm throttle body on the Boss?

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
we will be watching progress on this from over here in sulphur! ever go to the car shows at ryans on first satueday?

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
we will be watching progress on this from over here in sulphur! ever go to the car shows at ryans on first satueday?

I just found out about the meetings from Scott McConathy who is Powder Coating my strut tower bar gloss black. I'm usually working unfortunately and had no idea there were any Mustang guys around this neck of the woods. LOL

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
yep, lots of us here. check out my homepage and come by my store sometime, local mustang club is cajun mustangers meets 1st thursday at ryans 6pm. richard

Unrealford

Established Member
Interested in gains, I ordered a Lund tune and still waiting also:??:

I'm using a Steeda CAI also, ya I know I could have just got Steedas tune, but I had great luck with Lund on my last car.

If you have hp numbers with just CAI and tune from Lund please ET me know..

kbroush

Established Member
I didn't think a bigger throttle body would make any difference. Wouldn't the intake be a restriction then? I thought the factory throttle body and intake were matched together, thats what I thought atleast. Either way the Ford Racing throttle body looks great.

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
Hadn't forgotten about this. Awaiting a datalog tune revision from KenB @ Lund Racing but I can say this, this Throttle body sucks some air!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like a Big Red Race Valve when you wick it. It's OMG goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little video. In person you can hear the TB suck air through that Steeda and it gives it a pppssssssssttttttt sound with each wick of the go pedal!!!!!!

th_P1080209.gif

Last edited:

ArabianOak

Established Member
Hadn't forgotten about this. Awaiting a datalog tune revision from KenB @ Lund Racing but I can say this, this Throttle body sucks some air!!!!!!!!!!! It sounds like a Big Red Race Valve when you wick it. It's OMG goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little video. In person you can hear the TB suck air through that Steeda and it gives it a pppssssssssttttttt sound with each wick of the go pedal!!!!!!

th_P1080209.gif

NICE! I have the same intake for my boss, does it need an adapter to fit on the new throttle body or does it bolt directly?

I am really looking forward to the gains you have seen with this and then I will order! lol

Ultrakla$$ic

WhoFlungPoo
Established Member
NICE! I have the same intake for my boss, does it need an adapter to fit on the new throttle body or does it bolt directly?

I am really looking forward to the gains you have seen with this and then I will order! lol

Yes it will need a 4" to 3" reducer. The mouth of the 90mm FRPP TB is 4" in diameter!!!!!!!!! It'll suck small children into it if left unattended. LOL!!! :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread