Front Brake Duct Opening

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
On my '04, the right side has a movable rubber backing, but the left side doesn't. Can I assume the car came with one for the left side?

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
brake duct opening are on both sides.

I know that both sides have openings, but do both sides have that rubber piece blocking the back of the opening?

vr4

Established Member
99 KOBRA said:
I know that both sides have openings, but do both sides have that rubber piece blocking the back of the opening?

on mine neither side has a blocking in the opening.

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
99 KOBRA said:

Your rubber piece got out of wack. Reach under there and realign it, and niether hole will be blocked.

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
I'm really curious about this. Could you guys/girls humor me and check your Terminators for a rubber flap behind the front brake duct openings in your front bumpers?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
the rubber piece you are referring to is not related to the brake duct opening, it is a rubber piece designed to keep the incoming air "funneled" through the heat exchanger from the grill opening. yours is just bent the wrong way or misaligned as largeorangefont said.

Last edited:

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
VERTIBLEMENACE said:
the rubber piece you are referring to is not related to the brake duct opening, it is a rubber piece designed to keep the incoming air "funneled" through the heat exchanger from the grill opening. yours is just bent the wrong way or misaligned as largeorangefont said.

I only have one on the right side, so I'm assuming that the heat exchanger is on the right side (I'm a real mechanical moron!!!). Where should the rubber flap be placed if it's not supposed to block or cover the right brake duct opening?

99 KOBRA

Speed Racer
Established Member
For those of you that are interested, after looking closer there is a rubber flap on both sides that is perpendicular to the front bumper The flaps are on the radiator side of each brake duct opening.

ursnakebeight

Established Member
Heres a trick and beleive it or not it works. Go to autozone and buy you some of the 3" pre heater hose. Run that hos from the brake duct on each side directly to each side of your heat exchanger. Make sure it is blowing directly on the sides of it. I did this to mine to keep the iat2 temp down. Of course when you hammer down the intake temp will rise, but this mod allows the intake temp to cool back down in just a few minutes. As aposed to a pretty lengthy cool down period. I am going to run more test on friday and get some real time numbers and i will make a post in the archive. Oh by the way my car has the rubber flaps on both sides or it did. I had to cut a little off of them to make room for the pipes to get to the heat exchanger. This mod will cost you around tweenty bucks and so far has been worth every penny to me. Also I went to our local junkyard and i got a radiator fan out of a mazda miata and mounted it behind the heat exchanger to help with the cooldown process as well. But my real gains came from the air duct on the front bumper directing air to the sides of the heat ecchanger.

Users who are viewing this thread