FPC V8 power estimates and tuning potential

tmhutch

4v>3v>2v
Established Member
Can't speak for everyone but I didnt like the DCT in the M6 at all. Like sex with your clothes on, kind of shifting gears but not really.

LostM

Established Member
Can't speak for everyone but I didnt like the DCT in the M6 at all. Like sex with your clothes on, kind of shifting gears but not really.

I agree, the SMG was sloppy and not really impressive. The DCT in the newer ones is. the M3 DCT is the fastest shifting DCT, faster than the porsche pdk and GTR. In straightline performance, DCT's with equal setups routinley go 6-7mph faster in the 1/4 mile over 6MT's.

But I digress, because im still sold on the 350 and plan bringing one home asap, as long as i can get it for MSRP

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Let's dig this thing back up so I can hopefully substantiate a rumor. I've seen several people mention that when Mahle was testing the Voodoo, they made 600hp to the flywheel just by uncapping the headers (and I assume adjusting the tuning to account for it as well). Does anyone have any info on this? Some of us have been guessing that 70hp could be a possibility with long tube headers given the gains seen in other FPC engines with the same modifications. Fingers crossed that it's true.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
if it is true I am scared to think of what the cost is gonna be

Shouldn't be significantly higher than other headers for the Coyote/s550.
Might be interesting to see if Coyote headers bolt up actually.
There is likely some power to be had with engineering the headers for the FPC differences, but it wouldn't be worth it for a street car.
-J

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member
I think with Bolt-Ons the Voodoo, you will probably see 550rwhp to 560ish rwhp unless with the FPC with headers they gain monstrous power like other FPC applications.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I think with Bolt-Ons the Voodoo, you will probably see 550rwhp to 560ish rwhp unless with the FPC with headers they gain monstrous power like other FPC applications.

While I have high hopes a full LT setup will sound wicked and ad power comparable to the 458s gains, I am starting to wonder how much difference the UDUD firing order will make (Ferrari using UDDU)

Heres hoping!

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Established Member
While I have high hopes a full LT setup will sound wicked and ad power comparable to the 458s gains, I am starting to wonder how much difference the UDUD firing order will make (Ferrari using UDDU)

Heres hoping!
What matters most is the symmetrical pulses in the collector, not the order of the cylinders. Long tubes are going to make a big difference. You're going to have 180 degree headers without the"bundle of snakes".

Last edited:

csvt98

Road Course Ringer
Established Member

Heres hoping!

If LT's sound wicked and add major power, along with an 8500+ redline with tuning, that 5.2 Voodoo will be a nasty little motor. Maybe 2017 for me...

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
What matters most is the symmetrical pulses in the collector, not the order of the cylinders. Long tubes are going to make a big difference. You're going to have 180 degree headers without the"bundle of snakes".

I was more thinking out loud, but I agree that exhaust pulses being symmetrical is the critical part

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I posted this question in another thread, but I think it's along the lines of the discussion here too.

With equal length headers and the FPC firing order, would an X pipe even be needed?

Users who are viewing this thread