Found this surprise in my backyard

txyaloo

Established Member
Your question will be answered below.

I thought you would be the one to take a closer look and call me out on it.

I found it in my yard this morning because I told my girlfriend I was looking for one. I wasnt willing to spend the $4000+ it costs. But she found one at a very reasonable price.

It is a cast bronze alligator.

It looks extremely real, doesn't it :beer:

It is going to be part of the backyard makeover including my new lagoon style pool that is going in.

Hell... Even zoomed in, it looks pretty damn real. Three things scare the shit out of me: snakes, gators, and barracuda. I want nothing to do with even fake versions of them. :lol:

you should turn it towards the water to really freak out people passing by in their boats.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Hell... Even zoomed in, it looks pretty damn real. Three things scare the shit out of me: snakes, gators, and barracuda. I want nothing to do with even fake versions of them. :lol:

you should turn it towards the water to really freak out people passing by in their boats.

My neighbor across the way has a 12 foot bronze one and it was on his lower lawn ten feet from the water and a guy crashed into his sea wall, so the HOA made him move it. I wanted to put it at the end of my dock with its jaws hanging over the edge. But I realized it would not end well for me, so I didnt do it.

I agree with the snakes thing.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Sweet! Where do you purchase one?

My girlfriend got it for me. There are places online you can buy bronze ornamental statues.

This one is close to mine in dimensions, weight, and casting.

Crocodile Fountain.Close out Sale! Statue

WTF, I thought dinosaurs were extinct.

Indeed.

LOL...i thought it was real too !

My neighbor and wife just stopped by to look at the pool layout I painted on the grass and she was walking the yard and saw it at the last minute and just about fell out. Her husband laughed his ass off because he didnt warn her.

codyPKA

Dr. Rockso
Established Member
you sir are a funny man. i can just imagine a burglar hoping over your fence some night and peeing themselves when they end up next to it

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'd put that inside my house next to my front door... That would be the best security alarm ever!!

Definately fooled me. I would have flipped out if I saw one in my back yard that was real.

MachsFastr

Established Member
Found this on the front porch last night...

60395_162834943731849_100000160323434_566057_4756913_n.jpg

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Dang, it's long enough to make a nice belt!

Adam, that freaked me out when I saw your post! :eek: Very realistic! Now go water your lawn!!!

It doesnt need water, it got a disease and died. I am giving it a proper funeral by placing a lagoon pool there :D

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, you had me fooled big time. I know all about gators down there (my mom lives in Bradenton) so I assumed this was just another one that wandered to close to a home. It sure does look real, and should look great with your planned lagoon style pool. :)

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
Adam, now all you need is a concealed speaker that plays recorded sounds of a pissed off 'gator....lol

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
Your question will be answered below.

I thought you would be the one to take a closer look and call me out on it.

I found it in my yard this morning because I told my girlfriend I was looking for one. I wasnt willing to spend the $4000+ it costs. But she found one at a very reasonable price.

It is a cast bronze alligator.

It looks extremely real, doesn't it :beer:

It is going to be part of the backyard makeover including my new lagoon style pool that is going in.

I definitely knew something was up with its position and the color of the inside its mouth..

Users who are viewing this thread