Found this Cobra for sale

Chipofsc

Established Member
Found this Cobra for sale on Craigslist. What do you think???

CHP 5.1 Stroker Shortblock (I have the build sheet and the blueprint sheet)
Livernois Stage 3 Heads (I have receipt for heads)
Comp Cams Stage 2 Cams (Installed by Livernois, also on receipt)
JLT Carbon Fiber CAI
Diablo MaFia MAF Extender
Melling Oil Pump with Billet Gears
Moroso 8.5 QT Oil Pan
Tubular K-Member with Coil over front system with Caster/Camber Plates
AFCO Dual Pass Heat Exchanger
ARP Main and Head Studs
Whipple 2.3 Supercharger with Stock 3.5 Pulley
FORE Fuel Hat with twin GT Pumps
-10 Feed line from tank to Engine
FORE Fuel Rails
60lb/hr Injectors
Metco Idlers on replacing all factory idlers
Metco 4lb lower
UPR Billet Tensioner
Moroso High Capacity Coolant Reservoir
Moroso Radiator Coolant tank
LFP Head Cooling mod (even though it has the new revised style heads)
NGK TR7 Plugs (less than 2 months old)
BBK Ceramic Coated Longtube Headers
Mac Prochamber
Flowmaster Cat Back
Centerforce DFX Clutch
Stock IRS with Stock 3.55 Gears
SCT X3 Tuner with tune for the car
Staggerd FOOSE Legend (18x8 Front and 18x9 Rear) Fronts have Practically new Nitto 555 on them Rear has 1/2 worn Nitto 555R II Drag Radials
Pioneer Touch Screen DVD/CD/MP3 player with Sirius, USB, Bluetooth
Autometer Fuel Pressure Gauge
Autometer Boost Gauge
Optima Red Top Battery (13 date)

The interior and body are in great shape....there are a few minor places in the paint as can be expected from a 10 year old car....

It is 1 of 313 built in Torch Red Coupe. I have the SVT Certificate and an engine build Plaque for the Valve Cover...

It was dynode on (6/13/2014) and it made 608 HP and 554 TQ at the rollers....that was at 14lbs of boost and didn't even make her stretch her legs....I wanted a conservative tune that you can beat on as much as you want and still be OK......Plus 600+ Wheel horsepower is more than you need for a daily driver....but she is ready for more....The current fuel system is returnless but can easily be swapped over to return by adding a return line and regulator....This car pulls like a freight train. $25,500 with the wheels and tires. 23,500 you bring tires and wheels. You can text me or email me if interested. show contact info

getTwisted

I Remember My First Beer.
Established Member
Did I miss the mileage?

If you want a highly modified car then this sounds like it has been completely rebuilt from one end to the other.

Also, just my opinion, but I would buy it without the wheels. Never liked the Foose design wheels to much and these sound like they are not wide enough for the car. Without pics its hard to say how it looks though.

If you just want a nice 600hp car without a ton of mods, I'm sure you can find another one within the same price range.

Chipofsc

Established Member
This is a car my buddy is looking at. I don't like the wheels either.

Attachments

• 00L0L_iYpTWYpGRIk_600x450.jpg
    00L0L_iYpTWYpGRIk_600x450.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 481
  • 00R0R_61fDxdd2kQd_600x450.jpg
    00R0R_61fDxdd2kQd_600x450.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 513

Chipofsc

Established Member
I know he has a bunch of money in the motor but you almost never get your money back from an engine build. I just sold my Hayabusa with sooo much money in the bike and I lost my ass. I don't see 25.000 bucks

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Wheels are ugly, so this is looking to be a daily driver? If so I wouldn't, not with aftermarket short block. Maybe it's drives perfect, doesn't puff any smoke out the tail pipes, but this could be a money pit full of issues. I guess that goes with any car.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If it passes compression and leak down test, that is a lot of bang for the buck. Pay someone to do that and you'd fall over from sticker shock.

Chipofsc

Established Member
Not worried about an after market short block. My cobra has a ford aluminator short block and 2004 heads. It will be a play car for nice days. Don't like it has a stock IRS without any upgrade bushings or supports. I know that can run up the budget replacing those things or just replace it with a straight axel.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sorry for the noob question but what's wrong with the puff coming from the tail pipes. What exactly does that mean.

Depends on the color of smoke. Could be something simple like a leaky injector. Or it could be worn valve guides, pcv system, or head gasket.

Chipofsc

Established Member
I'm not that impressed anymore with the engine. Mine just made 622hp on the Dyno and I don't have no where near all the work he has.

weaselp1

Established Member
I'm not that impressed anymore with the engine. Mine just made 622hp on the Dyno and I don't have no where near all the work he has.

^this However, he did not specify what dyno (mustang etc) Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Really does not mean anything. I would be more concerned with the tune and the driveability more so than a sheet with numbers. Just my 2 cents :)

Zemedici

Established Member
^this However, he did not specify what dyno (mustang etc) Dyno numbers are just that, numbers. Really does not mean anything. I would be more concerned with the tune and the driveability more so than a sheet with numbers. Just my 2 cents :)

+1, need to check afr and get a leakdown/compression test done. A dyno can be made to produce any number you wish. It is solely a tuning tool, and shouldnt be the 'end all be all' to what a car's worth or how its built.

weaselp1

Established Member
+1, need to check afr and get a leakdown/compression test done. A dyno can be made to produce any number you wish. It is solely a tuning tool, and shouldnt be the 'end all be all' to what a car's worth or how its built.

Yes to a/f and compression/leakdown test! Ask for papers, documents, anything he has to back up what he is saying. I bought my cobra from another SVTP member (Booky) and he had EVERY piece of paperwork to back up everything, including A/F ratio, receipts of who did the work and all of the original ford documentation. It made me feel comfortable with the purchase - I may have spent a bit more buying it because it was so well taken care of, but at the end of the day I have had my cobra for over 2 years with not a single issue. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread