Found an abandoned missile silo..

SVTim

Beer Me!
Established Member
I want to take my cobra and park it right on top of that plutonium spill. maybe it will grow a tri- screw blower or a ninth cylinder or something...

JMARSDEN

I believe I have the answer...

Do a Google search for NJ Bomark Missle Site. This is a site that had a missle malfunction, and was closed. They were trying to get clearance to get the radioactive materials out of there. It has been quite a number of years.

BLK93GT

Established Member
Blown408 86GT said:
Pretty cool...although I think what you might have found is an old ammo dump. Missile silos are below ground and usually are filled with concrete once the Air Force deactivates them. I've deactivated a few and its kind of cool...The equipment inside that we used to care and maintain was destroyed by us.

I've heard some of the Atlas and Titan sites being sold to the public...

There is a local guy that built a HOUSE out of a missile silo...I guess it is pretty sick....I have no clue what the guy does for a living but he has ALOT of $$$$.

There were a few in this area....we also HAD a base here Plattsburgh Air Force Base

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
BLK93GT said:
There is a local guy that built a HOUSE out of a missile silo...I guess it is pretty sick....I have no clue what the guy does for a living but he has ALOT of $$$$.

There were a few in this area....we also HAD a base here Plattsburgh Air Force Base

They were selling missile silos for cheap. That one that dude had had huge thick concrete blast doors that were supposedly the only way into his new "house." Imagine the mechanism dying and then you dying because you cant get out. :uh oh:

BLK93GT

Established Member
I worked at the now closed base..after it was re-developed at 1st. They had vents in the ground because of all the jet fuel that had been spilled on the base and soaked into the ground. All of the drains in the shop I worked in were filled with concrete as well. We used to go looking around at all the different buildings on lunch break. It was a cool place to work..at the time only a few business were on it. The OLD Air Base is even cooler...and alot of it is suppose to be "haunted" Here is some info on the base:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/facility/plattsburgh.htm

It's a cool place with alot of history...too bad it closed down..it REALLy hurt the economy around here. It was a typical political move. There is an International Airport going in though soon!

Oddly..it is one of the FEW air strips that is long enough to land a space shuttle...

plattsburgh_afb_runways.jpg

Check this out!! Cool pics of it!!

http://www.strategic-air-command.com/bases/Plattsburgh_AFB.htm

Last edited:

byeofcr

Established Member
those things are all over the state. If you go to a barnes and noble (i doubt any stores would carry them outside of NJ) theres a book called Weird NJ. They made a tv show called weird U.S. but those two guys originally did weird NJ. They tell you where to find them along with some other cool folklorish things.
Black HOle lake (which i have seen its insane, its pretty much a lake that has a huge perfectly round deep hole in the middle it looks crazy from up high), abandoned aslyums, Jackson whites (albino villages), haunted places, etc. worth the read.

wwmost

Established Member
snakebitte04 said:
wow, nice photoshop. Look at the links at the corners of the sign. they are brand new and everything else is rusted.
wtf are you talking about? the first pictures? the sign doesnt even look metal. and the thing that is holding on the sign is prob ss. wow this thread is still goin

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Dude, you gotta write in to Weird NJ about that.

snakebitte04 said:
wow, nice photoshop. Look at the links at the corners of the sign. they are brand new and everything else is rusted.

You sir are retarded. They're made out of plastic or some other non-decaying material. You don't exactly want that kind of sign to rust or fade away.

BLK93GT said:
I worked at the now closed base..after it was re-developed at 1st. They had vents in the ground because of all the jet fuel that had been spilled on the base and soaked into the ground. All of the drains in the shop I worked in were filled with concrete as well. We used to go looking around at all the different buildings on lunch break. It was a cool place to work..at the time only a few business were on it. The OLD Air Base is even cooler...and alot of it is suppose to be "haunted" Here is some info on the base:
http://www.globalsecurity.org/wmd/facility/plattsburgh.htm

It's a cool place with alot of history...too bad it closed down..it REALLy hurt the economy around here. It was a typical political move. There is an International Airport going in though soon!

Oddly..it is one of the FEW air strips that is long enough to land a space shuttle...

plattsburgh_afb_runways.jpg

Check this out!! Cool pics of it!!

http://www.strategic-air-command.com/bases/Plattsburgh_AFB.htm

Plattsburgh's Air Base is kinda creepy. The 'rents have a house about an hour from there (Saranac Lake/Lake Placid area), and I've been there many times, usually to get on the ferry to Vermont.

Last edited:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
GH1086 said:
Clinton Road in NJ which sucks, it's supposedly the most haunted road in NJ but I've been on it alot and haven't see anything but a deer. Also if for some reason you want to go on Clinton Road make sure you have plenty of sidewall on your tires, it's quite possibly the worst road for potholes I have ever driven on.

If you really wanna **** with people on Clinton Road, there are a couple hidden driveways on the road. Tailgate someone at night for a bit, then cut the lights and pull into a driveway fast and watch. It's hilarious.

Edit: Is anyone else amazed at how wasteful the government is? That's a lot of crap they left behind.

Last edited:

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
Those barrels with the Radioactive hazard tags probably contain Jimmy Hoffa and a few other people that the mafia wanted to disappear.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
there is a nike base in east hanover. There are now abandonded houses there and they are hardcore falling apart. I've been in the street with the abandonded houses and its eery and creepy.

Users who are viewing this thread