found a solid, but will it fit?

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
hey guys, i found a buddy who has a solid and wants to trade for my IRS PLUS give me money, the problem is that it is out of a 98 Cobra. i have heard the rears on sn95s are just a little narrower than new edge, but a different friend thinks i can just put in 99-04 axles and be fine. please enlighten me.

stangkid

Established Member
Talk to Steve on STLM he has done it a couple times im sure he can enlighten you with every thing you need to know about the solid swap.

CobraKalas

Established Member
when using a 96-98 rear axle, do you need to buy all the suspension parts for the SN-95 rear end? or can you use 99-04 GT suspension?

1999WhiteSVT

STLMustangs.com
Established Member
quick01snake said:
and BTW...99-04 axles will NOT work in a 94-98 rear...
you know, thats what i though, but this guy tends to be right about a lot of mustang stuff, so i gave him the benefit of the doubt.

thanks for all the replies, so when it gets a little warmer i will be doing the swap

03Steve

Established Member
It is a direct swap. You will not need any spacers. I only use SN-95 rears on New Edge cars. The narrower rear end tucks the tires in better.

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
03Steve said:
It is a direct swap. You will not need any spacers. I only use SN-95 rears on New Edge cars. The narrower rear end tucks the tires in better.

wha??? the tires tuck in enough as it is...LOL

Twistedoffpurp

Established Member
In ordering the upper and lower control arms the difference is the bolt thickness 99-04 having a thicker(or beefier) bolt. That should be the only difference. You could even use a converted fox rear as far as I know, but then you have to go thru the hassle of redoing the brake lines I think, I could be mistaken I haven't done it in a while.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread