Found a cobra.

99stanger

RPB
Established Member

Tank5879

Established Member
I still havent figured out why the 03/04 C heads have these issues. The other C headed engines don't seem to have this tick issue. All other C headed vehicles come with no cooling provisions in the rear of the heads. So why would the cooling mod protect against the tick?

are those heads used on other engines that are supercharged?

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
no but have you ever seen a boosted mach1 complain of a head tick. i dunno maybe its just the heaton

Mach one while it shares the same heads does not share the same rotating assembly.

Ben,
your options are limited unless you can get rid of the GTO...just wanted to let you konw it was out there.

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
Mach one while it shares the same heads does not share the same rotating assembly.

Ben,
your options are limited unless you can get rid of the GTO...just wanted to let you konw it was out there.

How would the short block effect the top end?

are those heads used on other engines that are supercharged?

No factory ones. But still no reason why there should be no head tick associated with the C style 4v heads.

no but have you ever seen a boosted mach1 complain of a head tick. i dunno maybe its just the heaton
Agreed. Oddly enough the Mach 1's have no exit for coolant through the back of the head. I would think the problem would be tempermental with added blowers to those cars. But it seems to not be that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
How would the short block effect the top end?

your point is well made, what I was trying to illustrate was it's a different motor, therefore has a different factory tune and built with different tolerances etc. For face value, there shouldn't be a difference...but reality obviously proves otherwise

einzatgroupen

03 cobra
Established Member
your point is well made, what I was trying to illustrate was it's a different motor, therefore has a different factory tune and built with different tolerances etc. For face value, there shouldn't be a difference...but reality obviously proves otherwise

I know what you mean. But the issue I think is with the followers wearing and the valve lash adjusters not carrying the proper amount of fluid at times. Thus causing misallignment with the OHC style valvetrain. I have come to this conclusion because over the years people have talked about the tick only being noticed on start up.

Users who are viewing this thread