Forgestar F14's deep/super deep combo

Goohead

Established Member
Can anyone confirm If 315/35/20 on 11" 55 offset will not rub, only lowered about 1" on eibach pro kit

Alon 5.0

Established Member
Thanks a lot people!
So basically my offset options for a good fit are from 35-41mm front, 54-60mm rear?
I'm looking for more of a fat look on the back. My car is lowered on coilovers (not sure exactly how much so i will post a photo). So yes I'm looking for the more aggressive look.
Since super deep are not an option, I'm debating between going semi-concave on the front and deep on the back, or just go deep all around. Im really digging the deeper look, but I dont know which one would look better for what I'm looking for. Since I only judge from online photos (Me and my car are overseas) its a very hard desicion, and not too many photos I can find of both set-ups. BTW, will the deep concave fit on a brembo car without any problem?
I'm attaching a few photos i took yesterday so you can see how the car sits for the moment. itamar1.jpg
itamar2.jpg
itamar3.jpg

5.0GT

Established Member
Can anyone confirm If 315/35/20 on 11" 55 offset will not rub, only lowered about 1" on eibach pro kit

x2
If someone can post pictures with the same tire, offset and wheel width that would fantastic.

Thalilbear02 stop showing your car, you're making me hate mine!

Last edited:

BornCoqui

Established Member
Thanks a lot people!
So basically my offset options for a good fit are from 35-41mm front, 54-60mm rear?
I'm looking for more of a fat look on the back. My car is lowered on coilovers (not sure exactly how much so i will post a photo). So yes I'm looking for the more aggressive look.
Since super deep are not an option, I'm debating between going semi-concave on the front and deep on the back, or just go deep all around. Im really digging the deeper look, but I dont know which one would look better for what I'm looking for. Since I only judge from online photos (Me and my car are overseas) its a very hard desicion, and not too many photos I can find of both set-ups. BTW, will the deep concave fit on a brembo car without any problem?

I have deep concave's upfront with zero issues.. Below are pics of 19x9 semi/19x10 deep and my 19x9.5 deep/19x11 deep

Im not 100% on the tire sizes of the first pic, but i think hes running 255/285 and im running 275/325

Last edited:

IT-Purrrs

Established Member
My car has brembos in the front and deep convave 9.5in width rims and there is around a tooth pick between the caliper and the rim. It will work.

Goohead

Established Member
I have deep concave's upfront with zero issues.. Below are pics of 19x9 semi/19x10 deep and my 19x9.5 deep/19x11 deep

Im not 100% on the tire sizes of the first pic, but i think hes running 255/285 and im running 275/325

Damn what offsets?

stang713

Established Member
@BornCoqui... Thanks for the pics with different sizes. I was wondering how different the deepness was between 9.5 and 10, because I was thinking about going 19x10 or 19x9.5 deep all around.

Last edited:

BornCoqui

Established Member
Damn what offsets?

Top picture is 19x9 et 35/ 19x10 et 42

Mine are 19X9.5 et 35 / 19x11 et 54

@BornCoqui... Thanks for the pics with different sizes. I was wondering how different the deepness was between 9.5 and 10, because I was thinking about going 19x10 or 19x9.5 deep all around.

The difference is small. I was going to go with 9.5 all around but i wanted the option of running a larger rear tire.

Honestly I would just go with 9.5 et35 or et33(same size as RTR wheels) all around to avoid any issues with running a 10' front wheel.

stang713

Established Member
Thanks...I just noticed your in Austin. If you see a black stock '14 around west campus, that is probably me.lol. I have not seen anyone with forgestar on a mustang in Austin. They look great on yours. I need to find a reputable shop in either Austin or Houston.

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member

Yes it will rub. That's what I had on my car before, but I was a lot lower than 1" that's the thing. With 11" ET55 on 315/35/20 which was EXACCTTTLLY what I had on my car, it rubs on the outside, and rubs the inside fender liner as well on the inside of the barrel of the wheel (though it wasn't that bad). Best fitment is that wheel and offset with a 305/35/20 if you can find it, or find a 295 that works for you, 315 will rub unless you modify the fenders, or don't lower it.

x2
If someone can post pictures with the same tire, offset and wheel width that would fantastic.

Thalilbear02 stop showing your car, you're making me hate mine!

Lol sorry :)

'14 Shelby

Established Member
Yes it will rub. That's what I had on my car before, but I was a lot lower than 1" that's the thing. With 11" ET55 on 315/35/20 which was EXACCTTTLLY what I had on my car, it rubs on the outside, and rubs the inside fender liner as well on the inside of the barrel of the wheel (though it wasn't that bad). Best fitment is that wheel and offset with a 305/35/20 if you can find it, or find a 295 that works for you, 315 will rub unless you modify the fenders, or don't lower it.

I have 315/35/20's on 11" rears and am lowered am inch and no rubbing

Goohead

Established Member

What brand, type of tires did you have

'14 Shelby

Established Member
What offset are your wheels, tire type and lower spring type?
sorry bout that. Posted a couple pics on the first page with info in my sig. No 100% sure on my offsets. Think offset are 35 & 55.
Nitto DR. Eibachs actually 1.5 rear drop

Last edited:

Thalilbear02

Established Member
It's an inch and half but doubt that 1/2" matters much when it comes to lowering. Every other discussion it's a huge amount. Lol, cracking myself up with my dirty old man mind

Believe it or not, the cars that I build, that 1/2" makes a big difference between rubbing and not rubbing (this keeps sounding more and more dirty), but it's honestly true. Believe it or not 1/4" made the difference for me. The car was lowered aggressively, picked up the rears just about 1/4" and it got rid of the rubbing. I just depends on how BADLY you're having the issue. The worse the rubbing, the higher you have to pick it up, etc...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread