Fore Hat/GT pumps What Wiring Upgrade?

halflife

Established Member
So i am paranoid about the pprv delete hose popping off and leaving me stranded again so I got the Gt pumps are fore hat. I pulled 2 of the plugs and the tips where white. On the dyno it was 11.5 a/f so not sure why it is lean other then one of the hoses popped off the pump again. I am trying to decide what do do with the wiring upgrade. The tuner I use says they just upgrade the wires and the stock fdpm works fine.
So trying to decide. Please let me know what you are running and why you chose that option: 1. wiring upgrade 2. upgraded fpdm, 3. dual fpdm setup
I have a whipple making 17lbs and dynoed at 559hp/539trq. It has 60lb injectors currently running a BAP. Also should I just leave the BAP inline with the new setup?
Thanks

MalcolmV8

Established Member
I'm going through this myself. Here's my thread with pics further down

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...7207-gt-pumps-dual-fpdm-fore-hat-install.html

I ran a 10 gauge wire from the battery to the trunk with a relay in the trunk and used it to give a good supply to dual FPDM. I went dual FPDM over a single modified version because dual will support more current and have less of a load on each unit and it's WAY cheaper to buy a second stock FPDM than it is a modified FPDM. Those modified FPDMs are extremely expensive.

Good luck man. It's a bit of work wiring it all up, dropping tank and all that good stuff but worth it in the end. You'll have a nice solid fuel system that will handle a lot.

Malcolm

TRBO VNM

BAP is not needed for dual gt pumps, but I don't know your setup. sounds like you can sell the BAP. the proper way to do it is run dual fpdm's. the ford gt and gt500 have dual fpdm's for a reason. some have used just a modified fpdm, but I don't recommend it. or you can use the MDM junior for the gt pumps. I would still use the wire upgrade that you used on the BAP. you can sell the BAP to recoup some money.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
BAP is not needed for dual gt pumps, but I don't know your setup. sounds like you can sell the BAP. the proper way to do it is run dual fpdm's. the ford gt and gt500 have dual fpdm's for a reason. some have used just a modified fpdm, but I don't recommend it. or you can use the MDM junior for the gt pumps. I would still use the wire upgrade that you used on the BAP. you can sell the BAP to recoup some money.

I'm running dual FDPMs with my Fore fuel hat and GT pumps. I ran an 8 gauge wire from the main fuse panel under the hood to the FPDMs and 12 gauge wires from the FPDMs to the Fore hat.

trmin8ter03

Established Member
I just put on a fore hat mysleft. I had done the pprv delete and one of the hoses broke at the edge of one of the clamps. Car was starving for fuel at around 5k rmps. Got the hat. Awsome piece, its the way ford should have done it and very easy to install.
I went with the modified stage 2 fpdm, you wont need a bap anymore with the gt pumps. I dont know which is better dual fpdms or the modified fpdm.

halflife

Established Member
you think the lethal dual kit is worth the money for the ease of not having to piece it together?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Whats wrong with running the modified fpdm apposed to the dual fpdm setup?

From what I can tell nothing is wrong with it. It just costs a lot more money to get a modified fpdm than it does to just buy a second factory stock fpdm. If you ever had one go bad (granted this seems rare, maybe you fudge wiring at install?) it will be cheap and easy to get factory replacements.

FlaSeaDude

Building a Perfect Beast
Established Member
you think the lethal dual kit is worth the money for the ease of not having to piece it together?

For me it was. I originally bought all the connectors and a 2nd FDPM from Steve @ Tousley Ford, but decided to sell the connectors and go with the Lethal pre-assembled setup. There's nothing like plug-n-play.:beer:..

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member

Lethal kit is $389. A second FPDM is $100 with connector from Tousley plus another ~ $50 in wire, connectors, a relay etc. Still a far cry from the $389 but if you hate messing with wires and looking for a pre-made setup it'll save you some time. Although you still have to get the main feed wire from the battery to the trunk which was one of the biggest jobs if you do it right. Through the driver's side fender well under the black plastic splash guard deal, through the firewall with a grommet, under driver's side kick panel, under carpet, remove back seat and some plastics and under there and feed into trunk. By the time you've done all that might as well finish up the wiring in the trunk :) To each their own of course. If you got the cash I suppose why not buy a pre made harness.

Fastlane Cobra

Established Member
Whats wrong with running the modified fpdm apposed to the dual fpdm setup?

The cobras already have one FPDM and a spare stock replacement is around $80.00 or so. That being said I recall pricing 2 stock FPDMs for less than the cost of a single modified FPDM.

Other the cost its "6 of this" and a "half dozen" of that. Thats my understanding and I went with the dual pumps and FPDMs.

halflife

Established Member
anything special i need to do to remove the BAP? I have to find the wiring diagram hopefully online so i can see how it was originally wired.
i had bought the bap wire upgrade from lethal but then decided to do the fore hat upgrade. so i deleted the wire upgrade from the kit. then i take carpet out of the trunk and it looks like the car already had the wire upgrade so i might be saving myself the hassle of reruning the wires.
if you wire the bap without the wire upgrade there is no relays right? I have 2 relays in the trunk so i am guessing that is for the wire upgrade.

Users who are viewing this thread