Ford's new line up.

Extremite

Established Member
The 350R and GT both have me pretty excited. Those cars should be pretty spectacular. My only wish for the GT is that they'd have used a twin turbo Voodoo 5.2 instead of the V6.

stangfreak

Established Member
Im a ford guy and love what ford is doing. But I am depressed and jealous after watching this video. lol

TERMN8U

Established Member
Why would anyone buy a Ford GT that only makes 600 hp when a Hellcat makes 635 hp at the tire?

I kid, I kid!

kaz109

Established Member
The GT needs the 4.8L V8 out of the 918. 610hp and 9k redline

Woody6799

Established Member
The GT doesnt need a v8 if they get all the power out of a v6... this is already rated over 600 hp and from what I read about this motor its rev happy now! Imagine what a simple tune will bring you up to? The motor its based off is pushing 900hp if Im not mistaken? Cars are getting more efficient and more powerful by the day, They needed the charged v8 back in the day to be relevant, now their TT v6 has to prove it can live up to the hype. But look at its versatility already! Power numbers are through the roof, the engine is modded and tuned to be in everything from the fiesta to the GT to me, thats awesome... Idc how many cylinders there are as long as when I hammer down the power I crave is there.

03SVTscott

Established Member
Wondering what the weight will be? Any thoughts? They mentioned something about an outstanding power to weight ratio. I'm thinking definitely under 3000 lbs.

RedZR

Established Member
Fords new line up

I hope it sounds decent....that is one of the greatest things about the GT40 and then the GT- that exhaust sound is unreal !!!!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

Power = Power

Funny how many keyboard engineers we have in here. Yes, I truly believe nobody at ford went "hey, why not throw the FPC in there?" and nobody in Ford marketing went "You're going to build a new GT without a v8?"

But SVTP solved it in minutes.

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
I like both cars very much, just wish I could afford the GT ..

Users who are viewing this thread