Ford's 100th

WYSIWYG

Established Member
Ten years ago this weekend we were at Ford's 100th Anniversary. We were invited to display my '93 Cobra on the grounds. The photo is from the Friday day event @ Waterford Hills. MY wife was able to ride in a modified Lightning with Boris Said, a week later he got the pole @ Sonoma. This was the weekend that John Coletti autographed my Owner's Manual.

Cobra-1_zps4d078ff6.jpg

DSCN0265_zps4c5bdfe8.jpg

Last edited:

WYSIWYG

Established Member
This person drove this car from California to Dearborn

DSCN0206_zpsf3843992.jpg

He is/was an Trainer based in Ohio stayed in the same hotel as us. The flat head is fuel injected - he made it himself.

DSCN0271_zpsae4fa41d.jpg

SVT Lightning prototype with "Super Cool" - Super Cool used the AC to give the Lightning 20 seconds of "super cooled" air

DSCN0215_zps23b000c3.jpg

Mad Max

DSCN0276_zps6812ee92.jpg

SVT Garage

Picture031_zps52698b67.jpg

Picture044_zps59af182a.jpg

Picture048_zpse1da62b7.jpg

chao5.0

Established Member
That SN95 has a 10 liter engine? That lightning is freakin sweet, too bad they didn't produce it.

not just any 10 liter engine, a BOSS 10 liter that swallows the entire engine bay of that car. that whole car is amazing I remember when SVT and GM use to have toy box wars and the Camaro that was built to compete with this car use to break and Coletti use to tease Jon Moss about it.

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I remember seeing the Boss at Woodward Dream cruise back in the late 90's, People would bribe the Ford guys for a ride up and down woodward. That car would litterly shake the ground.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Wow! I can't believe it has been ten years. I also got the invite from Ford to display my 2001 Lightning. It was a great event and also got to meet John Coletti and he actually signed my Lightning on the dash and under the hood.

WYSIWYG

Established Member
While we were at the SVT Garage we got a tour inside and they showed us how they were printing 3D parts (Yes printing 3D). At the Q & A I asked some questions that they were nervous answering and after they ask who I was/ I told them I was a FLM dealer.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
What a day that must have been. One you'll never forget. Great photos and, of course, your awesome Cobra. :) Thanks for posting them here.

Users who are viewing this thread