custom user title here
Established Member
hoofbeats_01.gif
what do you guys think about this?

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Since Ford is going after the people who support their products, a fitting response would be to stop buying the Mustang. No one ever thought the Fbody would actually take a hiatius but it did. The same can be true for the Mustang.

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I'm often amazed at the extremely short term thinking of corporate idealogues. "Cut off your nose to spite your face" must be unheard of by a lot of suits. :nonono:

Badasp5.0

Established Member
grimreefer said:
I'm often amazed at the extremely short term thinking of corporate idealogues. "Cut off your nose to spite your face" must be unheard of by a lot of suits. :nonono:

+327982577 its only gonna hurt them, heck the new edge mustang wouldnt have sold very well with out a big aftermarket, its a shame I always thought that Ford had a great realationship with the aftermarket ie technology transfer program in the late '90s :nonono:
I was hoping that ford would learn from GM's mistakes but I guess not.....

BetterthanU

Banned
SolarYellow said:
Since Ford is going after the people who support their products, a fitting response would be to stop buying the Mustang. No one ever thought the Fbody would actually take a hiatius but it did. The same can be true for the Mustang.

+1

Ford deserves a couple year timeout in the corner for their recent actions vs. the aftermarket...and this pig of a new cobra, with only slightly better performance #s.

Lawless03

Established Member
if i read the article correctly, i think they are only going after people that are using "mustang" in the name of their business somehow. dont get me wrong, i think this is stupid and cannot believe execs at ford would even waste their time with something like this. but if the name thing is the case, i dont think it will have that major of an effect on people being able to buy/sell parts.

BetterthanU

Banned
it's just total disrespect for the market that kept the mustang alfloat.....i mean, can you see Porsche suing places in america who use their name such as "Porsche parts for less", etc.....I mean, how else are you supposed to signify what car you're supplying parts for? lol

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Lawless03 said:
if i read the article correctly, i think they are only going after people that are using "mustang" in the name of their business somehow. dont get me wrong, i think this is stupid and cannot believe execs at ford would even waste their time with something like this. but if the name thing is the case, i dont think it will have that major of an effect on people being able to buy/sell parts.

the problem is it costs alot of money to change your name, all your signs, letterhead web sites,advertising ect, ect, not to mention that changing the name of a well known/established buisness will always cost you buisness at least in the short term.....and even if the Co. is big/successfull enough to pay what ever Ford wants to use the name the cost will be passed on to the customers....they are not just going to eat the cost and forget about it..

Last edited:

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
If Ford doesnt protect their trademarked and copyrighted names, images, etc they can lose them to the public domain. I think they are going after those people who use the name and not have permission or using it so it seems that they are authorized by Ford.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
You can get a license agreement from Ford or fight them in court. Ford has a right to try to protect its trademark. Ford may lose the fight for an injunction if it knowingly delayed and may have a hard time proving any damges or misunderstanding or the name.

ScareCrow

"Facts are stupid things"
Established Member
So are they going to come after SVT perfromance also for using their " SVT " title ?
This is so stupid in my opinion. At the moment , Ford doesnt need any more bad press or setbacks.

Bert5.0

blah
Established Member
First they went after people using "Ford" in their companys name. Now they are going after "Mustang" and "Thunderbird" in their name. Where will it stop? Will it be illegal to even say or print the names without Ford's permission? And when did they trademark "Pony" and "stang"???

I think its fitting how Ford had to pay to use "Bullitt" and "Terminator". And how they were also going to have to pay to use "GT-40". I think its awesome that they could not use the name "Futura" anymore. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread