Ford to Debut New 3.5L EcoBoost Race Engine at 2014 24 Hours of Daytona

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
Very cool I will be watching their progress. I watched a documentary on Netflix over Audi's win in 2011, good stuff.

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
It would be really cool if this car could form a unique history for itself to be up there with the likes of the 787B, R10, and other forward thinking racecars. May not always be the most dominant but it definitely set a precedent.

qachargh

Established Member
It's been a while since I have seen a Rolex series race. In the past weren't they restricted to 400-something HP 4.0L V8s? In race tune I'm sure the engine has to be restricted a lot. I really want to know what kind of modifications were done to the long block. I'd be curious if Ford might try to make a special run of sports cars in the future using the race-hardened version of the V6.

Bleedsblue

Established Member
I'd love to see that engine in an AWD Focus ST SEDAN. Everyone would want one to smack around EVO's or even GTR's.

rdanzy

Established Member
Great looking car. Make a street production version priced at Z06 level. Maybe badge it as "Thunderbird" and get back to Thunderbird vs. Corvette. Withdraw from NASCAR, use the savings to develop a Corvette competitor. NASCAR involvement does not sell cars and what can be learned from push rod engines.

Users who are viewing this thread