Ford shares shitting the bed on earnings miss...

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
It's been downhill since they switched the F series to aluminum.
It's like they are trying to SEARS this brand.
Probably some backroom vulture fund deals going on.

Yeah bad business move on Fords part. They only sell 900k a year compared to the Silverado's 580k

venmos1

Established Member
the aluminum trucks were done due to CAFE issues, just like the ecoboost engines some people hate. Isn't GM/Chevy about to come out with their aluminum trucks too?

My boss just bought a 2020 Silverado 2500 for the fleet. From what he told me, everything with a hinge on the truck is aluminum (Hood, doors etc).

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Yeah bad business move on Fords part. They only sell 900k a year compared to the Silverado's 580k

And yet GM is crushing them on margins and profitability, while also having a massive lead in EV/AV tech. How are they able to do all this while selling significantly fewer high margin trucks? Magic? Hell, FCA is outperforming them now.

Focusing on nothing but trucks is contributing to the position they are in. Its' like the only thing they care about is the F series. Hell with everything else. Any sort of economic recession that dampens truck demand could damn near kill them.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
And yet GM is crushing them on margins and profitability, while also having a massive lead in EV/AV tech. How are they able to do all this while selling significantly fewer high margin trucks? Magic? Hell, FCA is outperforming them now.

Focusing on nothing but trucks is contributing to the position they are in. Its' like the only thing they care about is the F series. Hell with everything else. Any sort of economic recession that dampens truck demand could damn near kill them.

All this is what is sad because this time it would be ford going belly up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

GM and FCA have the advantage of wiping out a ton of debt through bankruptcy.

venmos1

Established Member
Thats a Hideous looking truck.

they are. The new ext mirror design is gross. The previous years 2 "arm" mirrors looked good imo. These new ones are just one "arm". Salesman told my boss its to help with the blind spot that the previous "arm" created. I LOL'd.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
True, but Ford had that option as well. How's the saying go, nice guys finish.....

Post 10yrs collapse, the data would suggest that car buyers don't give a crap who went bankrupt and who didn't, and GM/FCA made the better long-term business decision. It's like it never happened. That's disappointing, but is the reality of things.

Rct851

Established Member
True, but Ford had that option as well. How's the saying go, nice guys finish.....

Post 10yrs collapse, the data would suggest that car buyers don't give a crap who went bankrupt and who didn't, and GM/FCA made the better long-term business decision. It's like it never happened. That's disappointing, but is the reality ofI

If people can have short memories when it comes to who took bailouts that makes me think people will have short memories about the management issues currently with Ford. If they can get it turned around there could be a lot of opportunity at $8.15 per share.

In my part of the Houston suburbs if you blew a red light at an intersection you’re going to hit about 5 2017 or newer f250s. F150s are even more prevalent. An f150 is like a commuter car here.

I am about 3 steps short of an economy moron so maybe I’m way off here.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

Post 10yrs collapse, the data would suggest that car buyers don't give a crap who went bankrupt and who didn't, and GM/FCA made the better long-term business decision. It's like it never happened. That's disappointing, but is the reality of things.

Ford will do almost anything to avoid bankruptcy. The Ford family would lose all control through the process.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
If people can have short memories when it comes to who took bailouts that makes me think people will have short memories about the management issues currently with Ford. If they can get it turned around there could be a lot of opportunity at $8.15 per share.

In my part of the Houston suburbs if you blew a red light at an intersection you’re going to hit about 5 2017 or newer f250s. F150s are even more prevalent. An f150 is like a commuter car here.

I am about 3 steps short of an economy moron so maybe I’m way off here.
Except GM has always had that problem. They sold a metric shit ton of cars and trucks in the 90's and 2000's. They just were not profitable.

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
Still complaining about the bailout. As if GM had another option when the government made the decision for them.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
The Ford family would lose all control through the process.

Maybe that's the problem?

You are probably right.

What makes this different I believe, is over the next few decades there is going to be, never before seen, seismic shifts across the entire automotive sector. Huge, potentially life or death bets are being placed by the OEM's, with zero guarantee they'll pay off. To me, Ford has not been decisive or convincing in this area, and are at risk of being left in the dust. Being vague and non-committal on their vision for the future could prove fatal down the road.

There is already significant consolidation taking place across the industry, and I expect that to only increase. There WILL be fewer car companies around in 25yrs. It's a game of musical chairs...and someone will be left without a seat.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Thats a Hideous looking truck.

His boss

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread