Ford shares shitting the bed on earnings miss...

VenomVeins

Established Member
Ford shares fall 8% after disappointing 2020 profit outlook — Reuters

This is what happens when you put a sofa sectional slinging dumbshit in charge of one of the top car companies in the world.

Uninspired designs, major transmission recalls/****ups on a half decade worth of multiple car lines, and a refusal to understand car/truck/suv trends and produce auto lines that people actually WANT (Looking at you Bronco, Ranger with Raptor package, and cool midsize sedan)

Oh, and now Ford has warned of 1 BILLION of lower profits to be expected in 2020 now. Lol. Total ****ing joke of a company since putting the new dumbshits in prominent positions.

Enjoy your dividend while you can, stockholders-because its going to end up cut if not eliminated altogether if HACKett and his gaggle of morons is allowed to run Ford into the ground.

VenomVeins

Established Member
the dividend was the only reason I didnt dump this shit at $18/share. I shoulda doubled my money and walked away
I got in around $10 a few years ago and cashed them all out at $13, so i did well. Hack showed his hand at being an inexperienced twat around that time and it just didnt sit well with me.

Ford is a ****ing mess under that shitbag’s guidance.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Ford shares fall 8% after disappointing 2020 profit outlook — Reuters

This is what happens when you put a sofa sectional slinging dumbshit in charge of one of the top car companies in the world.

Uninspired designs, major transmission recalls/****ups on a half decade worth of multiple car lines, and a refusal to understand car/truck/suv trends and produce auto lines that people actually WANT (Looking at you Bronco, Ranger with Raptor package, and cool midsize sedan)

Oh, and now Ford has warned of 1 BILLION of lower profits to be expected in 2020 now. Lol. Total ****ing joke of a company since putting the new dumbshits in prominent positions.

Enjoy your dividend while you can, stockholders-because its going to end up cut if not eliminated altogether if HACKett and his gaggle of morons is allowed to run Ford into the ground.

Yes the Hack job is doing a great job at tanking this company. Should be getting the boot if Ford keeps heading down in this free fall.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Brutal quarter and brutal outlook. Not good. It's easy to lay it all on Hackett, but the Ford family owns this whole mess. Nothing happens around their without their say-so. Ole Billy Ford need to hand the reigns over to someone who actually knows what they're doing. Instead, he spends precious resources fixing up old ass train stations.

Alarm bells should be sounding.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Guy just wait until the Mach-e hits the showroom floors, then we'll see a huge turnaround.................

But seriously, part of the Ford with Ford is what the problem has always been since Henry I fought with Edsel about replacing the Model T . Every major decision has to be endorsed by a Ford. From Henry I, Edsel, The Deuce, to Bill.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
FYI: All the major automakers suffered major losses. It did't help that Ford has to pay out $2.2B in pension funding.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FYI: All the major automakers suffered major losses. It did't help that Ford has to pay out $2.2B in pension funding.

True, but you need to look deeper than that. It's not all about pure profit or loss, it's about setting goals/targets and meeting those expectations. Case in point: GM saw a profit decline as well, but still managed beat their targets. Ford simply has not met those expectations, and is even forecasting more rough waters ahead.

Many of Ford's key financial metrics are declining/contracting faster relative to their peers. They all are facing similar headwinds, yet Ford is faltering worse than everyone else. Their prospects for future growth are not confidence inspiring. Investors are holding them accountable.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
True, but you need to look deeper than that. It's not all about pure profit or loss, it's about setting goals/targets and meeting those expectations. Ford simply has not met those expectations, and is even forecasting more rough waters ahead.

Many of Ford's key financial metrics are declining/contracting faster relative to their peers. They all are facing similar headwinds, yet Ford is faltering worse than everyone else. Investors are holding them accountable.
I don't disagree and their EBIT profits would be far worse and severe if it wasn't for Trump's tax cuts.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I don't disagree and their EBIT profits would be far worse and severe if it wasn't for Trump's tax cuts.

Agree, but everyone is in the same boat as them, so it's a wash in that respect. They are not keeping pace with the competition.

It largely has to do with investor confidence, and Ford has not effectively articulated (or investors aren't buying it) a vision for the future of the company. Basically, there is little reason to believe they will be successful in the long term.

q6543

Established Member
It's been downhill since they switched the F series to aluminum.
It's like they are trying to SEARS this brand.
Probably some backroom vulture fund deals going on.

nxhappy

Established Member
buy low and sell high =) ford wont go anywhere ...i remember when that shit was $1/share

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Agree, but everyone is in the same boat as them, so it's a wash in that respect. They are not keeping pace with the competition.

It largely has to do with investor confidence, and Ford has not effectively articulated (or investors aren't buying it) a vision for the future of the company. Basically, there is little reason to believe they will be successful in the long term.
Wasn’t that the reason Fields was fired? Investor confidence despite good profits.

q6543

Established Member
The cost to restructure and redesign hasn't paid off.. look at the chart from the hype of aluminum F150 in late 2014.

Then comes tariffs on aluminium, wasted billions to shoot themselves in the foot.

Doing it again with this... global restructuring... we have a plan but we aren't sharing with analysts.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
That's what happens when you:
  • Delete the word car from your product line
  • Alienate cheap transportation customers as a result
  • Slap ST badges on everything to try and make up for it, but get rid of the focus ST which is what everyone wanted in the first place
  • Launch the mustang with a polarizing design that is either loved or hated
  • Botch the 5.0 redesign to the point it's a knocking oil eating POS
  • Price the rangers out of the fleet market
Not saying they're the only manufacturer with problems, but there's some very boneheaded decisions being made

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
It's been downhill since they switched the F series to aluminum.
It's like they are trying to SEARS this brand.
Probably some backroom vulture fund deals going on.

the aluminum trucks were done due to CAFE issues, just like the ecoboost engines some people hate. Isn't GM/Chevy about to come out with their aluminum trucks too?

Users who are viewing this thread