Ford "Retooling" 2015 Mustang again and causing order delays, any truth?

chico_mustangs

Established Member
I ordered my new 2015 5.0 5 weeks ago today, Ford has not even began building it yet. My local dealer told me that Ford is "Retooling" can anyone verify this? I am familiar with my local dealer here, I used to work there, bought several cars there, and am friends with many employees including the owners son and the other people who run it so I don't think they are feeling me a line but I can't be sure. I was thinking of doing a dealer locate but if they are in fact retooling I probably don't want one of the ones before whatever the problem is fixed, whatever it may be.

Does anyone have any info on this and not just rumors?

nycarpenter

Established Member
The guy who bought my 15 stated his car was delayed twisting his hand to purchase my 15. I can not be 100% sure of this but he had no reason to lie about it but you never know. I had just 2 issues with my car at delivery and neither were major. They had real QC problems in the beginning but I have seen several on the lots the past few weeks and I'm a picky bastard and from looks alone the cars look very good.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Retooling usually has to do with increasing productivy rather then fixing any issues with the cars!

Last edited:

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
Ford is constantly working on their processes. I wouldn't call it retooling.

This. Retooling can be a lot of things. From a complete overhaul for a new platform to a shut down to replaced wearable items on the line and perform preventative maintenance on the machines. In the chemical industry, it's known as a turnaround.

Users who are viewing this thread