Ford releasing a supercar Mustang Thursday 17th

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Apparently at Monterey tomorrow Ford is going to be unveiling a Mustang with supercar level performance. It's going to be built by Multimatic but no other word on details. All they showed as a teaser was a carbon fiber Mustang emblem. I saw one article state it is going to be the first mid engined Mustang but there is nothing to substantiate that claim.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member

Fat Boss

Established Member

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
I saw the car in Las Vegas on Monday (long trip for a couple hour event). Ford very specifically asked that no one post any pix, or leak details from the event. Obviously someone didnt respect that, which is too bad. The "cat will be out of the bag" tomorrow. Ill say only this, I was impressed with it, some very cool "bits" that are going into the car.

tom_tom

Established Member
I saw the car in Las Vegas on Monday (long trip for a couple hour event). Ford very specifically asked that no one post any pix, or leak details from the event. Obviously someone didnt respect that, which is too bad. The "cat will be out of the bag" tomorrow. Ill say only this, I was impressed with it, some very cool "bits" that are going into the car.
Spill the details on what that woke corporation is up too!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
This thing sounds wild. Those 1/4 vents can only be indicative of a few things, one being mid engined. Just seems unrealistic but I hope it's true. The fact that Multimatic is building it adds much more credence.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
$300k is the rumor. Wtf lol.

Attachments

• 1000007826.jpg
    1000007826.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 191
  • FB_IMG_1692208319518.jpg
    FB_IMG_1692208319518.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 188

blk02edge

Established Member
Oh ok so it's the mustang version of the FGT MK2.

Lack of centerlocks is odd, I wonder what the goal is... street legal? If so... yikes

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I hope and pray that we won't see the same level of dashboard/billboard silliness as on the S650 - gotta believe that Multimatic would be minimalistic is this regard and just deal with the necessary vitals. Beyond that, I like what I have seen otherwise and think most others will too. Thankful there are still a few at Ford that haven't completely embraced the electric push and are willing to develop machinery such as this.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I hope and pray that we won't see the same level of dashboard/billboard silliness as on the S650 - gotta believe that Multimatic would be minimalistic is this regard and just deal with the necessary vitals. Beyond that, I like what I have seen otherwise and think most others will too. Thankful there are still a few at Ford that haven't completely embraced the electric push and are willing to develop machinery such as this.
In talking to most veteran employees from all big 3 the vast majority admit they don’t want to give up ICE performance. They also think the EV transition will be a dumpster fire :)
-J

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
If it's coming from Multimatic, can the majority of us really expect to be able to afford it? I'm expecting an MSRP of at LEAST $180K, it's going to be mostly unobtainable. The only upside is that whatever it is sets the framework for models down the pipeline that are eventually in a more affordable price range.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Looking back, 93 and 95R's had crank windows, where the 2000R had power windows. Why? Because, by 2000, even the most base model had power windows. You can not de content past the base car. With this said, I would think there will be a decent amount of S650 in it, that might include the dash (the interior was not shown in the showing we attended). I do have to agree I do not like the tablet sitting in a cradle look of the dashes that has come along, and that's not just Ford.

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
Oh ok so it's the mustang version of the FGT MK2.

Lack of centerlocks is odd, I wonder what the goal is... street legal? If so... yikes
This car is for the street, where as the MkII and MKIV are track only.

When the NGT came out I asked why no centerlock, and I was told that the assembly of the centerlock was heavier than a normal hub stud combo (counter intuitive to me).

Users who are viewing this thread