Teej281

Established Member
Couple of pics from earlier today.

5045345770_1eecc1110e_b.jpg

5045346056_c0ea2ccda9_b.jpg

5045346246_fa2547f5b2_b.jpg

5045346500_3bb35d3170_b.jpg

5044724697_76ed161678_b.jpg

Ok, first off let me say that your car is awesome and is probably the closest thing to sex on wheels out there.

Now something to ponder...with your coolant tank now gone, the only thing protruding upwards, besides the blower, is your IC tank. To me, it kinda sticks out. Something I thought that would make your engine bay complete is to see if someone can fab you up a low profile IC tank that stretches out over the entire length of the radiator cover, if you know what I mean. That way it still gives you about the same amount of capacity in a lower profile look that way when you pop the hood, the only focal point is your polished blower pulley. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Regardless, my computer screen needs to be cleaned now so i'm gonna quick stop looking at this thread so it doesnt get any worse.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^^ I think that would look sick. He should do it similiar to "the tank" for the gt-500's..

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Will be nice to see what it will do on 15 psi. :pop:

Me too.....working a dyno plan as we speak

Ok, first off let me say that your car is awesome and is probably the closest thing to sex on wheels out there.

Now something to ponder...with your coolant tank now gone, the only thing protruding upwards, besides the blower, is your IC tank. To me, it kinda sticks out. Something I thought that would make your engine bay complete is to see if someone can fab you up a low profile IC tank that stretches out over the entire length of the radiator cover, if you know what I mean. That way it still gives you about the same amount of capacity in a lower profile look that way when you pop the hood, the only focal point is your polished blower pulley. Does that make sense to anyone else?

Regardless, my computer screen needs to be cleaned now so i'm gonna quick stop looking at this thread so it doesnt get any worse.

Ha thanks bro for the words! And yes I agree, the tank does stick out, have been contemplating moving it to the trunk, but your idea of keeping it up front is a definite option....I happen to have a fab guy within arms reach :rockon:

^^^ I think that would look sick. He should do it similiar to "the tank" for the gt-500's..

This issue will be addressed! Thanks for the suggestions guys......

Teej281

Established Member
Might also be something he could have fabbed or fab himself and then market it. Never know.

Last edited:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Don't think of it as an issue lol. Your car is so sick and beautiful it's not even funny. thanks to you I just added over 400 buck in powder coating to my build lol. You can do anything with your car right now, race it, show it, cruise it. Anything man. It's absolutley stunning.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Don't think of it as an issue lol. Your car is so sick and beautiful it's not even funny. thanks to you I just added over 400 buck in powder coating to my build lol. You can do anything with your car right now, race it, show it, cruise it. Anything man. It's absolutley stunning.

Well it is an issue to me somewhat, it doesnt quite flow the way i want it to yet. 04sleeper and I have talked about this before....casually been kicking round ideas. Man you're getting me all pumped up now....thanks for all the compliments!

If I had a truck and trailor I would bring it back to Daphne over Christmas so you could check it out.....

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Well it is an issue to me somewhat, it doesnt quite flow the way i want it to yet. 04sleeper and I have talked about this before....casually been kicking round ideas. Man you're getting me all pumped up now....thanks for all the compliments!

If I had a truck and trailor I would bring it back to Daphne over Christmas so you could check it out.....

shit man if I had a truck and trailer i'd give you my rig so then I can see it lol. Once my car is here though I plan on doing a road trip to where you and Kevin are for one of the Sunday shows for a weekend. I know what you mean about how you must think it's just off a little bit. I can tell your attention to detail is turned to extreme lol. So is mine though, I seriously added on the 400 for powder coating and another 500 to do a COP swap to clean up the engine bay even more lol. I've completely accepted the fact that my quest for a clean engine bay may might not be done anytime soon lol. :beer:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
its official. Going to dyno @ HPP today, 430pm. 3 pulls on my 15 psi tune. I will start a new thread with results.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I'm enjoying seeing the progress on this build. Looks beautiful. I'm liking more and more the powder coating and red bits. Earlier in the thread when you removed the blue cam covers, I was thinking that you should have kept them, but now with it all together, I'm glad you got rid of them for the black covers instead. They wouldn't have matched.

So, how's the mileage on E-85? Compared to when it was running on Gasoline?

Homer

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
w00t! interested in seeing how this will turn out.

likewise!

I'm enjoying seeing the progress on this build. Looks beautiful. I'm liking more and more the powder coating and red bits. Earlier in the thread when you removed the blue cam covers, I was thinking that you should have kept them, but now with it all together, I'm glad you got rid of them for the black covers instead. They wouldn't have matched.

So, how's the mileage on E-85? Compared to when it was running on Gasoline?

Homer

yeah the blue valve covers would have clashed bigtime with redfire, kind of like how my blue Amsoil air filter clashes now (still in the process of deciding what filter shield i want to go with).

i really cant talk to you about mileage, when i take the car out, my size 15 foot doesnt warrant great MPG. When i first did the ethanol swap, on a cruise i averaged 14-15 mpg seeing no boost, but that was october last year.

in theory bumping compression should net me better MPG.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
likewise!

yeah the blue valve covers would have clashed bigtime with redfire, kind of like how my blue Amsoil air filter clashes now (still in the process of deciding what filter shield i want to go with).

i really cant talk to you about mileage, when i take the car out, my size 15 foot doesnt warrant great MPG. When i first did the ethanol swap, on a cruise i averaged 14-15 mpg seeing no boost, but that was october last year.

in theory bumping compression should net me better MPG.

Bumping the compression does increase the mileage. Holding all else constant, I got 3-4 MPG better mileage on the highway with my 10.3:1 longblock than I did with my lower compression motor. Well, actually, I'm not holding "all" else constant. I just remembered that I swapped in a 6 speed at the same time I swapped in the motor, so I have a little bit better highway gearing. But still.

Just out of curiosity, do you have to make any sacrifices in timing or air fuel ratio to keep detonation at bay with this combination, either because of the high compression or high boost, or both? Or is the E-85 taking it like a champ and allowing you to bump the timing as much as you want?

Homer

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Just out of curiosity, do you have to make any sacrifices in timing or air fuel ratio to keep detonation at bay with this combination, either because of the high compression or high boost, or both? Or is the E-85 taking it like a champ and allowing you to bump the timing as much as you want?

Homer

E85 is taking it like a champ. I'm running 15 psi, 23 deg, with an AF of 11.3-11.5 on my current tune, no issues whatsoever. Car pulls like a monster and feels crisp as can be.

On the dyno today, I am wanting to test 3 tunes. All at 15 psi, but with timing @ 19 , 21, and 23 degrees respectively.

Users who are viewing this thread