Ford Pickup Rant

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I lived right by Gulf of Mexico for years and had no issues out of my 2013. Now this 2015 it did peel and i dont wash my shit regularly either

Im surprised the salt in the air didnt rust your 2013. But buddies 2001 Yukon was getting eaten from living in seaside.

mat50ho

Established Member
Honestly if I hadn’t became such a pussy. I would crawl under the truck sand it down and spray rust prevention on it

My 2014 Silverado after four years 38k miles. Good luck with the rust prevention.
rust resize.jpg
rust resize1.jpg

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
My 2014 after four years 38k miles. Good luck with the rust prevention.View attachment 1559223 View attachment 1559224

:eek:

What the hell? I got 50k on my pickup and all but one spot the size a dime is still covered in wax. The frame warranty should have took care of your issues

You live in snow country also. So salt on the roads will do that. Its just not GM falt it rusted

mat50ho

Established Member
My dad has a 2006 Silverado lives in the same town same elements. Frame looks like new compared to mine. GM fix is to spray it with undercoating. I traded it off for a 18 5.0 f150. We will see how the Ford holds up.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
My dad has a 2006 Silverado lives in the same town same elements. Frame looks like new compared to mine. GM fix is to spray it with undercoating. I traded it off for a 18 5.0 f150. We will see how the Ford holds up.

Dude in all honesty I have never subjected a truck to anything like you have and am not going to debate you cause you obviously know a ton more about it than me. Im in rust free Texas.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Dealership I worked at bought bikes on the big online dealer auction sites. Every single damn bike that we bought that came from FL had corrosion on it. Salt dust is bad down there.

blk02edge

Established Member

_Snake_

Established Member
On the carolina coast it's pretty bad.

You can almost see weathering with your eyes as it slowly destroys thing. Salt spray/dust/corrosion/you name it.

This is a salty dawg place to live

No doubt! We’re roughly 10 miles inland on the Gulf Coast and it’s not too bad. Just a guess, but I think the constant heat and humidity doesn’t help.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
No doubt! We’re roughly 10 miles inland on the Gulf Coast and it’s not too bad. Just a guess, but I think the constant heat and humidity doesn’t help.
No salt issues from the coast, as I live inland a ways. The sun beats the living hell out of vehicles though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
4 auto is for women and beta males. I'll let my truck know when I want 4wd or want to lock the rear axle (FX4). Hell I'm pissed it still doesn't a lever like the Power Wagon does.

Man tip #31 When it is going to snow don't wear your high heels and skirt or stay home.

Lol... nice!

Blown 89

Established Member
GM needed Uncle Sam to bail them out, Ford did not. That is your answer. I realize this is 2019 and every pauper in the world wants a bespoke product but you have to look at it from Ford's perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread