Ford Pickup Rant

_Snake_

Established Member
Yep. Well aware of the TSB. Dropped it off to have the test performed.

Already told the dealer that if it needs a motor, I expect them to trade me out of the truck into a 19'. I'm not keeping it if it needs a motor in it. Truck won't ever been the same.

Good luck. (I mean that)

This was my first choice and it was quickly rejected by everyone else, including the BBB. My second choice was a buy back, which also was rejected. Ultimately, GMC was given 30 days to “repair the vehicle to my satisfaction.” They took my truck in for a new long block on day 28 after first offering to replace the pistons and rings (which wasn’t to my satisfaction).

I agree that the truck will never be the same. I had mine for another 10-15k miles and there were some minor quirks that only showed up after the replacement. I was happy to get rid of it and traded it on a 02 Harley F-150.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Good luck. (I mean that)

This was my first choice and it was quickly rejected by everyone else, including the BBB. My second choice was a buy back, which also was rejected. Ultimately, GMC was given 30 days to “repair the vehicle to my satisfaction.” They took my truck in for a new long block on day 28 after first offering to replace the pistons and rings (which wasn’t to my satisfaction).

I agree that the truck will never be the same. I had mine for another 10-15k miles and there were some minor quirks that only showed up after the replacement. I was happy to get rid of it and traded it on a 02 Harley F-150.

I'm very fortunate that my old man has been with the dealership for 35 years, and the dealer is a family friend. We've already mentioned the possibility. Dad seems to think it's a possibility.

We want to get the wife an Edge ST at some point. I don't think he particularly wants to ruin a lucrative relationship. It only has 4k miles on it. I do love the truck though.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
They dont remove cabs to drop in motors. Thats a 6.0/6.4 powerstroke method. Warranties are there for if it shits the bed, then they repair it. Shit happens a lot of times when it comes to a mass manufacturered vehicle.

I had a truck and a car get hit twice and fully repaired and both pulled clean trade in money. I highly doubt you would lose 5k value on a replacement motor. That’s straight asinine. I get it you paid god know how much for the truck and it broke. I just dont get trying to bully a dealer into giving you a new one.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They dont remove cabs to drop in motors. Thats a 6.0/6.4 powerstroke method. Warranties are there for if it shits the bed, then they repair it. Shit happens a lot of times when it comes to a mass manufacturered vehicle.

I had a truck and a car get hit twice and fully repaired and both pulled clean trade in money. I highly doubt you would lose 5k value on a replacement motor. That’s straight asinine. I get it you paid god know how much for the truck and it broke. I just dont get trying to bully a dealer into giving you a new one.
Agreed. On a Shelby or Cobra or other low volume production high performance car its an issue. But a truck? Nah theyll just look to see if its got a clean title and make sure the frame is straight come trade in time. Push for a long block and youre GTG.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

Per the labor hours/TSB, pull the cab is part of it.

Spoke to a couple friends at the dealer and they said the new trucks are dirt easy to pull cabs on, and motor replacement is almost a given for that now.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member

Spoke to a couple friends at the dealer and they said the new trucks are dirt easy to pull cabs on, and motor replacement is almost a given for that now.

OMG. That is ridiculous. Yeah I will agree with you then, dump it on the dealer and move on. Im surprised as hell man. You are the first Ive read of that has said anything like that.

**** that noise. I guess Im going to stay away from those them. You can literally pull the hood off my truck and the engine goes up and can be dropped right back down. Leave it to Ford to complicate things.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
OMG. That is ridiculous. Yeah I will agree with you then, dump it on the dealer and move on. Im surprised as hell man. You are the first Ive read of that has said anything like that.

**** that noise. I guess Im going to stay away from those them. You can literally pull the hood off my truck and the engine goes up and can be dropped right back down. Leave it to Ford to complicate things.
Well should be fixed for the 2019 model since ford is no aware of it.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Well should be fixed for the 2019 model since ford is no aware of it.

IMO and this is what initially sent me packing from Ford although I am loyal. Ford has a history of putting out junk designs and letting the customer get burned up. That is my opinion and i stand by it. I love Mustangs and F-series trucks, but i had more problems with my fords than any of my GMs.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member

I see the cab pull as a good/bad thing. It's better than having the front clip pulled, or the motor being pulled through the hood hole and a tech laid over the front of the truck scratching it up.

They are replacing the PCV system per the TSB today and I'll have it back this afternoon. Start tracking oil useage and go from there I guess.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
IMO and this is what initially sent me packing from Ford although I am loyal. Ford has a history of putting out junk designs and letting the customer get burned up. That is my opinion and i stand by it. I love Mustangs and F-series trucks, but i had more problems with my fords than any of my GMs.

Thats all manufacturers. Look at Gm faulty ignition switch for 30yr run of vehicles.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member

Standard practice on the powerstrokes for a while now. Once you've pulled the cab a few times it really becomes a cake walk. Its far faster and a better approach than doing it cab-on. We can have mine off in 45 mins. I see people bitch about shops pulling the cab all the time, but the truth is I'd avoid any shop that doesn't pull it!

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Thats all manufacturers. Look at Gm faulty ignition switch for 30yr run of vehicles.

I wont bullshit you and say i know exactly a damn thing about the GM ignition. I dont and will look it up. Ive been around GMs forever and had no issues. So give me time and i will reply to it.

Standard practice on the powerstrokes for a while now. Once you've pulled the cab a few times it really becomes a cake walk. Its far faster and a better approach than doing it cab-on. We can have mine off in 45 mins. I see people bitch about shops pulling the cab all the time, but the truth is I'd avoid any shop that doesn't pull it!

Man I remember seeing that and hearing my people makes jokes about the design. Im surprised that Ford did the F150 like that

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
I see the cab pull as a good/bad thing. It's better than having the front clip pulled, or the motor being pulled through the hood hole and a tech laid over the front of the truck scratching it up.

They are replacing the PCV system per the TSB today and I'll have it back this afternoon. Start tracking oil useage and go from there I guess.

Good luck and if they cant get this shit right man you deserve your pick of 2019s

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I wont bullshit you and say i know exactly a damn thing about the GM ignition. I dont and will look it up. Ive been around GMs forever and had no issues. So give me time and i will reply to it.

Man I remember seeing that and hearing my people makes jokes about the design. Im surprised that Ford did the F150 like that

Look forward to all the stuff you find.

Speaking to having to remove the cab im surprised ford went that way for the F150. Im guessing it had todo with the assembly line how its put together.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Look forward to all the stuff you find.

Speaking to having to remove the cab im surprised ford went that way for the F150. Im guessing it had todo with the assembly line how its put together.

Im scared to find out honestly. Ive had GMs have been in my family since the 80s

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Im scared to find out honestly. Ive had GMs have been in my family since the 80s

My whole family have been Ford/Lincoln owners. We have all had great success with all pretty much lasting over 200k miles with normal maintenance. Now dont get me wrong ford has made some faults for sure. There had a line in the 80s with ignition recalls. Ofcourse everyone knows about the pinto getting rear ended blowing up, the ford explorers with firestone tires ect.

Now i will say the the alts in the 07-08 gt500 were junk just like the 03/04 cobras. I went through 3 stock ones at finally had it an coughed up the money for a nations alternator which has been great.

Users who are viewing this thread