Ford only run group at the Streets of willow

racebronco2

Established Member
I have secured a run group for svtoa/members and guests only. This should give you plenty of time to add this to your schedule. The date is december
1st. Cost will be 120.00 for the day. If there is enough interest we could reserve sunday also. Total for the weekend would be 200.00. We will have at least 3 instructors for the beginners intermediate drivers. It's not for sure yet but an aix driver has volunteered to give us a hand for the advanced drivers. We will be helping with car set-up and advice on future mods.

The group we will be running with is speedtrialusa. The payment is due the mid october. Limited to 25 cars for our run group.

We are trying to get a date a little sooner with speedventures.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
List of cars attending

1.Mike M., 03 redfire cobra +1 for both days
2.Curt P. 01 saleen
3. Chris B., 03 redfire cobra +1 for both days
4. jeff H., svt contour or 03 lightning
5. Ashley H., 03 cobra +1 for both days
6. James W., spf cobra repilca +1 for both days
7. Matt 06 mustang gt +1 for both days
8. Dave J., 04 cobra
9. Robert, 03 or 04 cobra
10. Steve H., fox body +1 for both days
11. Xavier T., 98 gt +1 for both days
12. Dave (pmachy) 03 cobra
13. Jay 04 cobra
14. crazy01cobra 01cobra
15. 03dsgsnake 03cobra
16. Deyan Ninov probe
17. Rob Sims probe
18.svt4stv 03 cobra vert +1 for both days

Last edited:

Venomous01

Building Boost
Established Member
This sounds like a blast. I would definitely like to get in on this. I am just finishing up some things on the 98 and would love to get it out on the track along with the 04.

racebronco2

Established Member
Right now we have 12-1-07. If you would also like to run sunday if it happens let me know too.

Today on the way home I was thinking.

Ashley you know how one of the exercises is a 2 by 2 rolling start for the beginners. "How cool would it be to have several 03/04 cobras doing a rolling start" (for a driving exercise since we are not racing). So far 6 cobras. Hope someone brings a video camera. I'll have mine in my car.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
racebronco2 said:
Right now we have 12-1-07. If you would also like to run sunday if it happens let me know too.

Today on the way home I was thinking.

Ashley you know how one of the exercises is a 2 by 2 rolling start for the beginners. "How cool would it be to have several 03/04 cobras doing a rolling start" (for a driving exercise since we are not racing). So far 5 cobras. Hope someone brings a video camera. I'll have mine in my car.

I'll have my camera in a month or two. I can get a couple camera guys to come out like last time as well. That would make for some awesome footage.

racebronco2

Established Member
LargeOrangeFont said:
I'll have my camera in a month or two. I can get a couple camera guys to come out like last time as well. That would make for some awesome footage.

I agree, and from all different view and different cars.:thumbsup:

racebronco2

Established Member
We have 8 03/04 cobras.:pepper: The only place i have seen so many cobras was at our annual buttonwillow event. This year the buttonwillow event was cancelled.:(

sjdavis

Established Member
I hope to have the R up and running by then but right now funds are tight. Sounds like a blast and if I think I can make I'll let you know.

racebronco2

Established Member
xhailofgunfirex said:
I'm interested but can't say for sure since its to early to know yet. Do we need to be SVTOA members?

No you don't need to be a member. The socal chapter is organizing the run group but is in no way a svtoa event. We organized it early to assure we had a run group for mostly mustangs could run together. And of course since socal is paying for the run group we want to make sure we fill it up. Too many people have told us "if only i knew of the track event earlier".

Last edited:

xhailofgunfirex

Established Member
Alright thanks for the info, what kind of safety gear will we need to be able to participate? And how close to the date will we need to say we are for sure in?

racebronco2

Established Member
xhailofgunfirex said:
Alright thanks for the info, what kind of safety gear will we need to be able to participate? And how close to the date will we need to say we are for sure in?

Usually just a sa2000 helmet but go to speedtrialusa.com for more info.

We are only allowing 25 cars for our run group. So the earlier you decide if you want to run with us the better. As you can see we are already about half full. We will have a reserve list in case anyone can't make it. If enough people want to run on sunday i need to contact speedtrialusa.com and let them know before mid august. Registration for speedtrial will open up late august. This event will be sold out!!!!

racebronco2

Established Member
RodeoFlyer said:
Hey Carlos who's the AIX driver? Rocco?

Who's rocco?:D sounds like a mobster or something. Can't tell until he tells me for sure he will be able to make it. Do you know Bill Dafron used to be socal's activities director.

Users who are viewing this thread