Ford Installed Roush Phase 3 or Hellion Twin Turbo?

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
I printed out the Roush warranty and its pretty strict. You are not allowed to use octane booster, have headers or CAI, change gears or tires or any other aftermarket parts. Also no adjustments to the tune. The car has to be bone stock and has to be installed by an ASE certified mechanic or authorized Ford dealer with written proof of such.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
If your worrying about a warranty you shouldn't be supercharging your car. Especially a stage 3 roush kit with their tune which would make a little more power as a stage 1 with a real tune from vmp, aed, ect.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Ok, well now I'm getting a little less confident on which one to buy. Have any of you had experience with centrifugal kits? I saw a video with a Paxton kit and they said its good for over 1,000HP with the right motor set up.

hand-filer

Established Member
i wouldnt give roush a dime of my money.. get a VMP tvs or go turbo.. roush sucks as far as warrantying claims..

Specifics? An extremely successful company with thousands of satisfied customers and one guy on a forum claiming they suck. Who do you think I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Thanks, I think I will go with the Roush. The dealership told me that only the Phase one is covered by warranty, and if I go with the Phase 3 I have to pay $2k for the warranty. The Phase 3 kit is $7k plus $1k for install.

That's crazy and them taking you to the cleaners.

The warranty on the phase 1 or 2 is a flat charge of $375 that ANY ROUSH dealer can do for you. Any ROUSH authorized installer can put the kit on for you. You will use their flash and that's it. Once you change mods or recalibrate the car then yes. the warranty is now voided.

We have installed many phase kits and stock them for people who want to keep their warranty intact. Like many larger companies, ROUSH has a harder process to return or warranty because many people try and take advantage of them.

We just had a claim with them as a lower manifold had a pin hole in it and water was leaking into the cylinders. Was on the car since for over 26k miles with their tune. Swap it out and now it's all fixed.

BTW... for those who don't think a oil separator is needed... This is what the lower manifold looked like when we took the blower off.

D.T.R

Established Member
If your worrying about a warranty you shouldn't be supercharging your car. Especially a stage 3 roush kit with their tune which would make a little more power as a stage 1 with a real tune from vmp, aed, ect.

^ x67854356435636243563463456

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
Ok, well now I'm getting a little less confident on which one to buy. Have any of you had experience with centrifugal kits? I saw a video with a Paxton kit and they said its good for over 1,000HP with the right motor set up.

You will be paying a whole lot of money for a blower kit that does not sound like you will achieve your goal as others stated you won't be able to fine tune the tune and mod it at all
Go with a turbo
More potential power and personally I think it's easier on the car
I have had my blower for a while it was plenty of fun but when it came to upgrade either 4k for a whippe or kb or a turbo , I went turbo

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

The Paxton kits can make 1000 to the wheels.

We are the #1 Mustang Paxton / Vortech Dealer in the world.

It is our specialty and I can set you up with some great packages if this is a route you want to go.

rikb53

Established Member
guys, I thought i'd just add my 2cents. I got my Roush Phase III added to my 2012 5.0 about a year ago (Feb). and the very first day with it, it shredded the edge of the belt and actually - part of it - went thru the hood. about 3/4 of the belt was left intact, so it was drive-able, but I got it back to the dealership the next day. also, since I have Veh-Smart, I had a record of the revs, how fast I was going, the whole works. anyway, Roush shipped out new pulleys etc on their dime and the dealership fixed the hood like new and I haven't had an issue since. now, of course I understand if I break a rod - i'm on my own and the cost of a couple of new pulleys probably won't put Roush in the poor house. but, my point is they responded pretty quickly. but, I do understand that unless I forge this Coyote - I need to stay in the 'under 600' rwh, which if my math is correct, i'm at about 580. plenty of power - and I couldn't be happier. I originally was gonna go for a Whipple, but was talked into going Roush.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
guys, I thought i'd just add my 2cents. I got my Roush Phase III added to my 2012 5.0 about a year ago (Feb). and the very first day with it, it shredded the edge of the belt and actually - part of it - went thru the hood. about 3/4 of the belt was left intact, so it was drive-able, but I got it back to the dealership the next day. also, since I have Veh-Smart, I had a record of the revs, how fast I was going, the whole works. anyway, Roush shipped out new pulleys etc on their dime and the dealership fixed the hood like new and I haven't had an issue since. now, of course I understand if I break a rod - i'm on my own and the cost of a couple of new pulleys probably won't put Roush in the poor house. but, my point is they responded pretty quickly. but, I do understand that unless I forge this Coyote - I need to stay in the 'under 600' rwh, which if my math is correct, i'm at about 580. plenty of power - and I couldn't be happier. I originally was gonna go for a Whipple, but was talked into going Roush.

roush's customer service is very good. I had a customer that received a kit, UPS had damaged a part, not Roush's fault, and the shipped a replacement out immediately to the customer!

Users who are viewing this thread