Ford Installed Roush Phase 3 or Hellion Twin Turbo?

ktulu1984

Established Member
Does anyone have the Roush Phase 3 installed on their Coyote Mustang? I am seriously considering this kit, or possibly the Phase 1 kit for warranty reasons. BUT, I really like the Hellion Twin Turbo kit. If anyone has some pros and cons, please let me hear them.

Thalilbear02

Established Member
Hellion would be my pick. If I had to give you a reason why it would probably be just overall power potential is higher on the twin turbo set. The roush blowers are done quite often, but not a lot of guys on here have the twin set up, so the badass factor really kicks in if you picked that ;)

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Turbos make great power, but I can only speak from experience when I say, so does my Roush TVS....it makes all the power you need on a street car....

Schlangenbisse

Established Member
Can you guys explain how the Roush TVS kit keeps the factory warranty? Can I buy the kit through anyone but only Ford themselves has to install it for me? Thanks

97tc

Ford Man
Established Member
The Roush warranty is in addition to your Ford bumper to bumper warranty. On the 421388 kit you can pay the $375 for the warranty which covers the original purchaser until the car has 36,000 miles or 36 months from the original date of purchase. If you install it at 12 months and 12,000 miles you get a 2 year 24 month powertrain warranty. I would suggest you call them at 1800-597-6874 for a qualified installer in your area. It covers the drivetrain only up to $11,500 total. The engine is covered to $7500. It goes by your OASIS date.

Last edited:

NickSezz

Established Member
Roush all the way. Especially if you are having a Ford dealer perform the installation. I would not want any dealership attempting to install a twin turbo kit. There are too many variables to get wrong. If there are any performance shops in your area that would be my pick regardless of install price. If a dealer is the only option a Roush certified dealer is your best bet.

Let me know if I can help you with any Roush kit. We are a dealer and I can hook you up with a fair price on any Roush Supercharger kit or custom Roush kit such as our 2011-2014 MUSTANG GT 5.0 ULTIMATE ROUSH TVS SUPERCHARGER PACKAGE W/ ID1000'S

Free shipping on any kit and it can go right to your installer need be.

Feel free to contact me at the number below if you have any questions : )

BUCKET

Established Member
0C79B5DD-E180-4D1F-A48D-5167F48C6A71.jpg

bmyles

Established Member
Just my opinion ,if you are not going to use the hellion to its potential I wouldn't bother. The Tvs is a bolt on kit that makes great power and is reliable for a daily driver.

ktulu1984

Established Member
Thanks, I think I will go with the Roush. The dealership told me that only the Phase one is covered by warranty, and if I go with the Phase 3 I have to pay $2k for the warranty. The Phase 3 kit is $7k plus $1k for install.

SC_Terminator

Used to own a Boss
Established Member
Thanks, I think I will go with the Roush. The dealership told me that only the Phase one is covered by warranty, and if I go with the Phase 3 I have to pay $2k for the warranty. The Phase 3 kit is $7k plus $1k for install.

You will be happy!!!!!! :beer:

I got my phase 1 kit for $6800 through our local dealer installed (so shop around).....Also, you don't have to order the kit from them....you can get a better deal on the kit from somewhere else....and if you read the warranty from Roush, I think they will cover the Phase 1 kit as long as it is installed by a Roush Certified Service center or any ASE certified mechanic (please double check this).....but I do know you don't have to buy the kit from the dealer.....

Also, Just food for thought and my opinion only, you could get a Phase 1 kit, have it installed, buy the $375 Phase 1 warranty, then purchase a smaller pulley (82mm), JLT CAI, and have a reputable tuner (AED, VMP, and so on) tune it for you and get way more bang for the buck and come out way cheaper than the 10k you will spend for all you mentioned above ($7,000 + $1,000 + $2,000)....

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
TVS is awesome but only goes so far. I have seen several people sell the TVS and go bigger with turbos. I'm sure they thought it would be all they ever needed at first.
So if you're the type that gets used to power quickly and ends up needing more, go turbo.

Quesplosive

Atomic Snake #3
Established Member
Seems like you have made your mind up but I would go turbo if i was you. I had a kb twin screw and now i have the turbos and I have vowed to only do turbos from here out. The instant tq of the tvs would be a plus but with the turbos and a boost controller you can set the gain to come on fast to get them spooled up quick. It boils down to other stuff too. If you want more power you will need a smaller pulley, lts, and nitrous. Turbos all u need is your finger to push the duty cycle up lol.

oster910

Turboman
Established Member
I hate to sound like a dick
But be careful about dealerships installing high Preformance parts or even taking a car that's modded to the dealership
Maybe it's this area but I know the techs beat on them a lot
But I would personally go with a turbo

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The Roush kit needs to be installed by an ASE Mechanic and you can purchase a "powertrain" warranty that will cover the remainder of your 3/36

we have done quite a few of these in house, but can also take care of shipping you the kit and you having an ase mechanic do it as well.

we also offer custom packages, along with the vmp packages as well

Users who are viewing this thread