Ford GT vs the 408 Z06

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
BayouVette said:
why is there even a thought of running the GT all motor.

spray him with the big pill and be done.

I think some people post and dont even read the whole thread.

The GT with its mods does not have the horsepower the Z has with the big pill.

Yeah with a built 408 he can spray a 200 shot and dyno 700+rwhp...After all the GT just has a intake/pulley/exhaust, and dynos around 630rwhp on a mustang dyno. I say the GT gets a 100 shot and headers and be done with it. :thumbsup:

Bishop

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Man, this thread started out really good, but the more i read, the lower my IQ gets....

C'mon Saturday!! ;)

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I think he means 50k at all. A powerstoke couldn't even begin to move 50k lbs. Do think the tranny could even come close to handling that? That's just crazy.

And to your thinking that the GT weighs 2800, I completely respect your firm belief that it weighs that much, but it is IMPOSSIBLE for that car to weight that. IMPOSSIBLE

i've towed 55k potato trucks out of fields before. not fast but still done it. w/o a chip or anything. I've had chips on powerstrokes and made 450rwhp and 850rwtq but it hurt the motor (75k miles on the chip). if you have the traction, the PSD will pull it.

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
Stopped by to see if they were finished "modding" the car.

She looks ready to go.

gt401.gif

Saturday here we come. They guy is in from out of town so hopefully this goes down this weekend.

WDW MKR

Established Member
capnkirk52 said:
i've towed 55k potato trucks out of fields before. not fast but still done it. w/o a chip or anything. I've had chips on powerstrokes and made 450rwhp and 850rwtq but it hurt the motor (75k miles on the chip). if you have the traction, the PSD will pull it.

Not to hi-jack the thread, but is this with the potato truck as dead weight or gassing it to get unstuck? I'm just saying that I see no way for any passenger truck diesel to be pulling a 50,000lbs load down the road. I've seen our farm trucks pull some crazy stunts in the fiels, so I guess anything is possible.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
BadGT04 said:
Strap on the big Jet and show him up !

I think you will win G-Z06! From what I've seen/read your car is a monster
I think it'll be a good race if you sray!! I watched a Z on this site (I THINK) a c-6 Z-06 and it was an absolute monster on the juice. So juice it up and give em a run.

04torchred

Established Member
Last post from me. Don't mess around, spray him for sure unless you wanna get us a video of how his exhaust sounds. (I would much rather hear the 408) :pepper:

z06_23_45

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
You're treating me like a Ford fanboy. I'm not. I'm a Ford technician, and I'd never buy a product made by them. Does that tell you anything? I work for ford because the Powerstrokes break and pay my bills.

In no way am I saying that Ford is incompetent or trying to cover anything up. They underrate, sometimes gratuitously; and it doesn't go any farther than that. We know for sure that terminator Cobras are not '390 horsepower', and Ford certainly didn't rate the 7.3 Powerstroke towing capacity at upwards of 25 tons; but that doesn't mean they can't.

Please bro, the Mclaren F1 can barely state that claim. The GT ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, DOES NOT WEIGH 2800 LBS OR ANYWHERE NEAR THAT.

I guess this dipshit weighs them when he pulls the motor out. I guess then your number has to be pretty close.

Last edited:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
04svtdriver said:
I think it'll be a good race if you sray!! I watched a Z on this site (I THINK) a c-6 Z-06 and it was an absolute monster on the juice. So juice it up and give em a run.

Are you kidding? IF he sprays? If he sprays it wont even be a race. I think it will be a good race N/A, with the GT winning by maybe 1.5 2 cars. You realize hes spraying a 250 shot. :poke:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
Goddamn you pricks are brutal. I stand by what I say and I'm done defending myself.

How are they brutal? They're giving you the correct information.

If you honestly think a Ford GT weighs 2800 poounds, you're smoking crack dude.

To be that weight it would have to be a Carbon chassis(ala McLaren)...it sure as hell isn't.

Besides look at the times it runs. If it was 2800 pounds, with the ACTUAL power it has, not the Ford rating, it would be a 10 second car right out of the box..it's close ,but not quite there. :kaboom:

Last edited:

z06_23_45

Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
How are they brutal? They're giving you the correct information.

If you honestly think a Ford GT weighs 2800 poounds, you're smoking crack dude.

To be that weight it would have to be a Carbon chassis(ala McLaren)...it sure as hell isn't.

Besides look at the times it runs. If it was 2800 pounds, with the ACTUAL power it has, not the Ford rating, it would be a 10 second car right out of the box..it's close ,but not quite there. :kaboom:

EXACTLY

Users who are viewing this thread