Ford GT vs the 408 Z06

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
Ford GT pullied and a few other little mods. vs the z06

Dig , 30 roll , 50 roll , 70 roll.

I think its going to be pretty damn close considering that video that was posted up not to long ago with a few mods made like high 500rwhp. (Damn forced induction!)

What kind of power would a slightly Modded Ford GT make?

Stats on the Z06. Not-spraying

408ci Ironblock (add 100lbs)
543rwhp / 515 rwtq
Stereo system (200 lbs)

total weight est. 3500lbs without driver.

Ill also be on 315 DR's.

Ford GT slightly modified.

???rwhp / ???rwtq.
Stock
Stock
Stock

I will be sure to grab it on video when it goes down.

Last edited:

SpeedKills

correction on your block weight, hate to be anal. the weight difference between a ls1/ls6 engine vs.the iron LQ4/LQ9 block is 63 pounds. i read this in one of my LS1 books.

Erik

P.S. Your ZO6 is toast. The GT is slighly slower in the 1/4th compared with the new Z06. At 3500 pounds, your fat ass is going to loose to a pullied GT. I would love to see this go down and I would love betting on this!

Last edited:

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
SpeedKills said:
correction on your block weight, hate to be anal. the weight difference between a ls1/ls6 engine vs.the iron LQ4/LQ9 block is 63 pounds. i read this in one of my LS1 books.

Erik

K sweet

Didnt know for sure.

Thanks brotha

JDsfastGN

Established Member
i think you may get him, but if ya do it will be barely, if his little mods are longtubes or anything else to help get the air out of the motor hes gonna be pushing close to 600 hp and weighing in about the same. Good luck man, this will be a great video. The DRs may give you a big advantage from a stop

Last edited:

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
CentennialVert said:
The Ford GT that is in every other thread on here is making 655/630 to the wheels on exhaust, pulley, and tune.

Jesus... :rockon:

Maybe I should spray to have force induction vs forced induction.... lol

01MustangGT

CHP 5.1L Stroker & KB
Established Member
G-Z06 said:
Jesus... :rockon:

Maybe I should spray to have force induction vs forced induction.... lol

actually that Ford GT made 633 rwhp with chip+pulley+tune+exhaut on a Mustang Dyno

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
SpeedKills said:

Erik

P.S. Your ZO6 is toast. The GT is slighly slower in the 1/4th compared with the new Z06. At 3500 pounds, your fat ass is going to loose to a pullied GT. I would love to see this go down and I would love betting on this!

Wrong again cavalier boy. QUit spouting off incorrect info. The Z is SLOWER than the GT stock for stock, come on people, you know this!! A pullied GT is a ****ing ANIMAL. A video was just posted of a pullied Gt completely DESTROYING 4OO+rwhp Twin-turbo 350 'z and pullied Cobras.

The Z is dead meat. The GT is lighter, with more power/much better drag coffiecient...

Last edited:

CentennialVert

Angry Pirate
Established Member
01MustangGT said:
actually that Ford GT made 633 rwhp with chip+pulley+tune+exhaut on a Mustang Dyno

Are we talking about the same GT? Joe had headers put on last week and was retuned yesterday to put out the 655/630...

Im referring to the video with the TT350Z, the Procharged Cobra, and the STi

Edit: Missed the Mustang Dyno part...whether we're talking about the same car or not, thats pretty sick

Last edited:

slow98svt

www.snma.net
Established Member
BmoseleyINC said:
Wrong again cavalier boy. QUit spouting off incorrect info. The Z is SLOWER than the GT stock for stock, come on people, you know this!! A pullied GT is a ****ing ANIMAL. A video was just posted of a pullied Gt completely DESTROYING 4OO+rwhp Twin-turbo 350 'z and pullied Cobras.

The Z is dead meat. The GT is lighter, with more power/much better drag coffiecient...

Yep, I also believe the GT you're talking about pulled a T/A on the bottle that traps 130 :eek:

G-Z06

"GHOST MACHINE"
Established Member
stock Ford GT runs 11.6@126mph from the research I have done.

I ran a 11.4 @ 125 in my heads/cam 2004 Z06 (445rwhp) stock weight

and a 11.5 @ 120 in my auto heads/cam C6 (440rwhp) stock weight

Stock Z06 I ran 12.1 @ 113 Not the best by any means.

The 408 has 100 more rwhp and ALOT more tq then both my heads/cam Z06 ever did.

If I cut the weight with the stereo I think it would be a extremely close race.

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
should be interesting... I never count any car out especially when you haven't seen what it can do.. best of luck to you. that GT is a monster straight out of the box.

WhinRR

Established Member
We gotta see this. I dont think the Z will keep up. Its a light car with a lot of R&D behind engine, suspension etc. Get out there and race we need a video

Users who are viewing this thread