Ford GT vs the 408 Z06

mustangbee

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
I honestly don't care if anyone on the internet believes what I have to say. I have no idea of the curb weight of the Z06, or much about the car besides it's stock configuration. I don't care what Ford rates it at, or what the magazines say, the GT is much lighter and makes much more power than Ford has let on.

i could understand if your were saying 50-100lbs lighter...but 600!! thats crazy..so ur saying ford doesnt know how to use its own scales? and that no one else has weighed it? ford just randomly lied about 600lbs of mass to cover up the truth...thinking that no one would ever find out :rollseyes

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Machinator said:
No doubt man, a pullied 5.4 whipplecharged car! This guy must be kidding it wont even be a race.

He dynoed 540rwhp, which the modded GT will beat. But if he sprays the GT doesn't stand a chance. A pullied 5.4 whipple is not unbeatable by any means.

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
Well somebody is always gonna be faster than me, but if I did own a GT it would have about 21 psi feed those big heads and possibly a 50 shot just for kicks!

Machinator

Banned
GTSpartan said:
He dynoed 540rwhp, which the modded GT will beat. But if he sprays the GT doesn't stand a chance. A pullied 5.4 whipple is not unbeatable by any means.

I didnt say it wasnt unbeatable, by the way Ill have nitrous numbers soon. You never can tell this eaton powered car MIGHT be a supercharged viper killer!

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Machinator said:
I didnt say it wasnt unbeatable, by the way Ill have nitrous numbers soon. You never can tell this eaton powered car MIGHT be a supercharged viper killer!

Good luck :) Hope you are planning on a 250 shot

I MIGHT just have something in the works also ;-)

Last edited:

Machinator

Banned
GTSpartan said:
Good luck :) Hope you are planning on a 250 shot

I MIGHT just have something in the works also ;-)

Well, not that much, but enough to catch those Vipers that are not running much boost. NX 150 is what I have in mind, now I just need to find someone to swap my irs for a livaxle! Goodnight guys it's past my bedtime........zzzzzzzzz :sleeping:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Machinator said:
Well, not that much, but enough to catch those Vipers that are not running much boost. NX 150 is what I have in mind, now I just need to find someone to swap my irs for a livaxle! Goodnight guys it's past my bedtime........zzzzzzzzz :sleeping:

Cool :coolman: That should really make your car move. :burnout: I only run 12# of boost, thats pretty low in my book :-D

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
GTSpartan said:
Dude, it weighs nearly 3500#, live with it. Every damn mag that has ever tested it all come in at ~3500#. You might not want to believe them, but there not all lying just to say the car is heavier than it really is :shrug:

Show us ANY proof that the car weighs 2800#. If it really weighs that much, then its performance is not that impressive for a 550rwhp 2800# car.
You're treating me like a Ford fanboy. I'm not. I'm a Ford technician, and I'd never buy a product made by them. Does that tell you anything? I work for ford because the Powerstrokes break and pay my bills.
mustangbee said:
i could understand if your were saying 50-100lbs lighter...but 600!! thats crazy..so ur saying ford doesnt know how to use its own scales? and that no one else has weighed it? ford just randomly lied about 600lbs of mass to cover up the truth...thinking that no one would ever find out
In no way am I saying that Ford is incompetent or trying to cover anything up. They underrate, sometimes gratuitously; and it doesn't go any farther than that. We know for sure that terminator Cobras are not '390 horsepower', and Ford certainly didn't rate the 7.3 Powerstroke towing capacity at upwards of 25 tons; but that doesn't mean they can't.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
stil tho 2800lbs? a 530-550 rwhp car will do more than 130mph traps with 2800lbs.

the Z06 must weigh 2500 then or put out alot more than the much tested 520ish crank hp

TPSMak

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
ReducedFat said:
I don't care what Ford rates it at, or what the magazines say......and makes much more power than Ford has let on.

Road & Track actually Dyno'd a GT and found the HP closer to 600HP.

ReducedFat

THE PONTIFICATOR
Established Member
apexmotorsports said:
Road & Track actually Dyno'd a GT and found the HP closer to 600HP.
You're absolutely correct, in most cases they put down near advertised power at the rear wheels.

Regardless, my claims as to the power and weight of the GT are just one humble mechanic's observations; and are by no means definitive. This sounds like a very exciting race and it should be very close, good luck G.

WDW MKR

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
In no way am I saying that Ford is incompetent or trying to cover anything up. They underrate, sometimes gratuitously; and it doesn't go any farther than that. We know for sure that terminator Cobras are not '390 horsepower', and Ford certainly didn't rate the 7.3 Powerstroke towing capacity at upwards of 25 tons; but that doesn't mean they can't.

So, not only does a Ford GT weight as much as a Miata, but the older Powerstrokes reliably pulled more than 50,000lbs? :dw:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
ReducedFat said:
Show me in my post where I used the word 'reliably'.

I think he means 50k at all. A powerstoke couldn't even begin to move 50k lbs. Do think the tranny could even come close to handling that? That's just crazy.

And to your thinking that the GT weighs 2800, I completely respect your firm belief that it weighs that much, but it is IMPOSSIBLE for that car to weight that. IMPOSSIBLE

primetime

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
You're absolutely correct, in most cases they put down near advertised power at the rear wheels.

Regardless, my claims as to the power and weight of the GT are just one humble mechanic's observations; and are by no means definitive. This sounds like a very exciting race and it should be very close, good luck G.

LOL! Weight is a very tough thing to "observe" acurately thus the reason scales were created. lol later Ron

WDW MKR

Established Member
ReducedFat said:
Show me in my post where I used the word 'reliably'.

I was being civil. It could have read, "there is no way in hell", and that would have been accurate. Regardless of hitch type, dually/single, 2WD/4WD, regular/extended/crew cab... it isn't happening. I doubt there is even enough tire contact patch to keep that much free-rolling weight from yanking a parked passenger truck down any sort of incline.

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
why is there even a thought of running the GT all motor.

spray him with the big pill and be done.

I think some people post and dont even read the whole thread.

The GT with its mods does not have the horsepower the Z has with the big pill.

Users who are viewing this thread