Ford GT Pricing Announced

Koolaid_Guy

LOS ANGELES AUTO SHOW: Ford supercar priced at $139,995

By Mark Rechtin
Automotive News / December 29, 2003

Ford Motor Co. will price the GT supercar at $139,995, not including destination charges, when it goes on sale in summer 2004.

Freight charges are estimated to be about $1,225, but are not finalized. In addition, the car will be penalized with the gas-guzzler tax.

Options will include lightweight wheels, upgraded audio, painted brake calipers and a striping scheme.

The automaker has received 700 requests to be on the GT waiting list from celebrities, athletes and corporate executives. That number does not include consumer deposits made to individual dealers, a number that Ford did not disclose.

Ford expects to sell 3,500 GTs in America over its two-year model cycle.

:D Cheaper then we expected :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Aaron_01

Banned
Im upset that its only going to be a 2 year run. I will have to execute my bank heist scheme quicker than previously expected

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
That has just become the best perfomance deal on planet earth. Only the S7 can hang for the most part with it for more then thrice the price, the enzo can nudge it barely for 6 times the price.

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
Kinda sad that there's all this hype and work going into building it, and they're only gonna make them for 2 years? Such a good car should have a longer run :(

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
exclusivity is key with these cars. You dont want to throw a GT into mass production....that way, when you actually see one on the road, you will be excited to see it and not accustomed to seeing it every other stop light.

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by Ghoust
exclusivity is key with these cars. You dont want to throw a GT into mass production....that way, when you actually see one on the road, you will be excited to see it and not accustomed to seeing it every other stop light.

Damn true, but its just gonna make it hard to find one if/when I get the $$ for it

Poisoned Pony

The Mach that Rocks
Established Member
Originally posted by NYCStangGT
Kinda sad that there's all this hype and work going into building it, and they're only gonna make them for 2 years? Such a good car should have a longer run :(

newer, stricter car test standards come into place in 2007, hence teh 2 year model run

philip

Tweet Tweet Bitch
Established Member
They sold every single Cobra-R, and Ferrari Enzo and I dont see any rush to build more. Like someone said earlier ''EXCLUSIVITY''
is key with this type of vehicle.

Last edited:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by philip
But dont forget about the NASTY dealer markups that will most likley be added to each car.....But still cheaper than originally expected.

Exactly justthink about what they were getting for PT Cruisers when they first came out. I can only imagine what the mark up will be on the GTs......:eek:

SVT4ME

Established Member
Just think if you did have the money to get one. It's going to be a fight to get one of the ones being made.

Users who are viewing this thread