Ford GT cams

VenomSVT03

CRUSHER
Established Member
I also did some search on them a few months ago. Yes price definitely went up, might as well get a custom made cam for that kinda money IMO

vadorsnake04

Established Member
That is no kidding. I already have custom cams. But i have a set of FGT cams that i have thought about selling.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Not sure where you got the info from but the new 2013 Gt500's come with the Ford GT cams.

They might use the same cam profiles but they are not FGT cams. They are 2013 GT500 cams

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/lethal-performance-146/778867-ford-gt-cams.html#post10786872

I think we're probably talking about 2 different things.

I am talking about the FRPP FGT cams you could get for about ~$450

Are you saying the cams in a 2013 GT500 will drop into a DOHC 4.6?

Yes they will.

Last edited:

ctgreddy

Established Member
I saw a couple used sets on corral a few months ago for 4-500. how they're selling for 1200+ i have no idea.

SVTDice

Established Member
What performance do they offer over stock

Honestly, from what I hear...Not much. Not worth the money and effort. If you're going to go all the way for Cam's. I'd either go with a Stage 2-3 Comp or Crower. Or Try to get a custom grind set. Specifically for what you're trying to aim for. In the long run I think you would be better off. IMO.

gabe1530

Banned
What performance do they offer over stock

not enough to justify the labor unless your doing it yourself.
custom cams are the way to go. i wouldnt go with crowers or comps, the profiles are old dont offer anywhere near the power a custom cams can.

Last edited:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
The Ford GT cams are a solid 25hp gain. IMHO i thought it was a good choice when i bought them and still think it is. You gain the hp and they idle very similiar to stock. and are(should say were) a cheap set of cams.

SlowSVT

Established Member
The Ford GT cams are a solid 25hp gain. IMHO i thought it was a good choice when i bought them and still think it is. You gain the hp and they idle very similiar to stock. and are(should say were) a cheap set of cams.

The GT cams are ground for a engine that must meet emission standards and are not radically different from the factory Terminator cams. I'm not sure about your claim of a solid 25 hp increase in a Terminator when that level of increase is approaching cams with a lot more radical lift and timing. My understanding is very little gain switching to GT cams and at $1400 your better off getting a custom grind.

Having put a lot of thought into this I've decided to stick with the stock bump sticks which are actually pretty good and the milder ramp will be better for valve control at higher rpm's (the blower by far has a bigger role getting the charge into the engine). With cams, emissions become a problem, the engine may stumble off idle a bit and fuel mileage suffers. The factory cams are also "hollow shaft" which takes 10 lbs off the engine. There is a lot of "give & take" making this decision :nonono:

vadorsnake04

Established Member
The GT cams are ground for a engine that must meet emission standards and are not radically different from the factory Terminator cams. I'm not sure about your claim of a solid 25 hp increase in a Terminator when that level of increase is approaching cams with a lot more radical lift and timing. My understanding is very little gain switching to GT cams and at $1400 your better off getting a custom grind.

Having put a lot of thought into this I've decided to stick with the stock bump sticks which are actually pretty good and the milder ramp will be better for valve control at higher rpm's (the blower by far has a bigger role getting the charge into the engine). With cams, emissions become a problem, the engine may stumble off idle a bit and fuel mileage suffers. The factory cams are also "hollow shaft" which takes 10 lbs off the engine. There is a lot of "give & take" making this decision :nonono:

The 25hp claim is from multiple cars I have watched including mine. This is also what kurgan claims on them, I think he knows what he is talking about lol. Also, I was talking about they were a great upgrade for the cost when the cost was still around $500. And seeing as how I went from stock cams to fordGT cams, to now custom ground comp cams I might know what kind of gains are seen as I have actual experience from using them all.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread